SYNDICATE 52 UPDATE!

wchester

Bowling Tragic
JANUARY 1ST has come and gone but it seems that no one has won the $200 daily draw.
Here's a quote from the website......
Syndicate 52 needs a minimum number of 5000 members by 31st December 2002. Depending on membership sales, the first daily draws will take place on the 1st January 2003. Should anticipated membership fall short, the first draw will be delayed until the 1st February 2003.

All I can say is "caveat emptor"

So then, what happens to the money that would have been the prize??

Does it jackpot? Is it bad luck for the members that have paid their $52? Or will the money be used to fund the directors slush funds?

Awaiting the answer, as I, and I'm sure plenty of others, are curious.

So the first draw is due tomorrow.
Unless of course the rumour is true that the first draw will be made on Tuesday 1st April.........

Well for those of you wanting an update, here it is direct from their website :

SYNDICATE 52 UPDATE

Due to the efforts of some people in trying to prevent the formation of Syndicate 52 moving ahead, the Office of Fair Trading has delayed the issuing of the associations incorporation. The delay is due to an investigation being undertaken by the Qld Gaming Office following a complaint being lodged against the conduct of the association.

Whilst the complaint lodged is somewhat premature, the Gaming Office is obligated to carry out their investigations. The management committee has been open and it has also expressed its desire and willingness to work with both the Qld Office of Fair Trading and the Qld Gaming Office.

Syndicate 52 have provided the Gaming Office a full and comprehensive background report into the reason why some people would choose to degenerate the structure and ideals of Syndicate 52. As a result of these recent occurrences, Syndicate 52 has now obtained the services of a solicitor who is experienced in association and licensing law.

Please be advised that membership applications received to date will be not be finalised until the investigation process has been completed. People who have already expressed an interest in becoming members will be individually contacted about their membership in due course.

As soon as I know more about the investigation outcome i will let everyone know.

Stay tuned ...

Graham
why are you so hell bent on trying to make to make things hard?

Hey Glen are you on the payroll ? Who am I making things hard for ? The people who are trying to scam bowlers ?

Im just stating facts .. if the facts are too close to the bone then maybe there isnt something right with this whole thing.

You are quite entitled to form your own opinion, I have formed mine.

In it's initial form, Syndicate52 was nothing less than a scam and deserved nothing less than to be shut down and the owners fined. What I believe will happen is that the owners of Syndicate52 will be "educated" on the correct way to conduct such a business. Then the draws will be conducted in line with the laws of this country. Im not saying that I will then support it, far from it. As long as they are conducting within the law then they can go about their business. Until then ....

If there is nothing wrong with the setup of Syndicate52 then the owners have nothing to worry about - this is just a small hiccup on their way to fame and fortune.

Why ask am I on the payroll?

Do you see my name in there
The answer is no

it was just a simple question

Here's another update from their site :

The management committee of Syndicate 52 is meeting with the Investigations Department of the Qld Office of Fair Trading on Wednesday 5th February to address the complaints which alleged that Syndicate 52 is a Pyramid selling venture. Whist these allegations have already been refuted, we are obligated to proceed with the investigative process. Due to this, we are unable to proceed with any Membership draws at this time. The management committee of Syndicate 52 apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and wishes to advise everyone that they are working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

A further update will be posted after the meeting on Wednesday 5/2/03. The management committee also wishes to thank all of the people who have sent in letters and messages of support.

Oh...now it's becoming crystal clear. Apparently it's our ( Graham and myself ) fault that no one has gotten any money back yet...ROFLMFAO!

Now Wayne, you cant take all the credit, I am sure there are others that feel they deserve the pat on the back.
As to the ongoing saga of Syndicate 52 I have no opinions on the matter, other to say, if they can show they (Syndicate 52) are aboveboard and with the rules and regulations, then let them have there day.

Stax

Hey GLEN,

Why are you being a jerk towards Graham?

He is simply reporting the facts - did he call the QLD Gaming office - I guarantee he did not.

The fact is that any of these CLUBS or SYNDICATS need to be ligitimate and professional if they are to succeed.

Laws pertaining to what you can and cant do as far as gambling (which, lets face it is what we are talking about) are there for both the consumer protection and the organiser.

No-one is saying BOYCOT IT ALL - they are simply voicing their concerns about putting some of their hard-earned cash into an illigitimate gambling SYNDICATE.

If you want to be PRO SYNDICATE 52 - why not offer your services to Frank and see what you can do to help the syndicate succeed.

If you are not prepared to help it move forward by offering assistance then I could equally ask of you -

"WHY ARE YOU SO HELL BENT ON PAYING OUT ON GRAHAM WHEN YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING YOURSELF TO MAKE IT ANY EASIER?"

Do not call me names I do not resort to such things as that

All I can go by is what I read in this forum thats all

It is nothing personally I was just reading through them all thats all

The lates from the Syndicate52 website:

UPDATE AS OF 8TH FEBRUARY 2003

The Chairperson and Secretary of Syndicate 52 attended the scheduled meeting with the Investigations Department of the Qld Office of Fair Trading on Wednesday 5/02/03 to address the complaint of Pyramid selling. The committee is pleased to advise that the allegation was succesfully defended. Our next meeting is with the Office of Gaming on the 17th February. We must unfortunately continue to hold off processing memberships and proceeding with the Membership draw until after this meeting. Again the committee apologise for any inconvenience.

For the record, the gaming office were the people I originally contacted for an opinion on the legality of this operation. It was, and still is, my opinion that the draws proposed by Syndicate52 would fall under the auspices of the gaming board, requiring a permit at the least and possibly a gaming license at worst. I made no allegations about it being a pyramid scheme (and don't know who did).

All of this could have been avoided if the founders of the scheme had the sense to check with an appropriate legal expert AND the relevant gaming authorities before they started. Again, I have nothing personally against the scheme, so long as it is run legally. My concern was that the last thing tenpin bowling needs is a scandal over a multi-million dollar illegal fundraising scheme run by people intimately associated with the governing body of our sport.

Tanstaafl.

UPDATE AS OF 8TH FEBRUARY 2003

The Chairperson and Secretary of Syndicate 52 attended the scheduled meeting with the Investigations Department of the Qld Office of Fair Trading on Wednesday 5/02/03 to address the complaint of Pyramid selling. The committee is pleased to advise that the allegation was succesfully defended.

Successfully defended the allegation of Pyramid Selling perhaps but doesnt mention anything of the other allegations made now does it ? I also never made any mention of pyramid selling in my complaint so if it wasn't Rob and it wasn't me .. who was it ?

Stay tuned - i don't think it's quite over yet.

OK it's now the 22nd and no update from our friends over at Syndicate52.

They say no news is good news .. this time good for whom I wonder ?

Wow .. amazingly an update appeared on the 22nd !!

UPDATE AS OF 22ND FEBRUARY 2003

The Secretary of Syndicate 52 attended the scheduled meeting with the Qld Office of Gaming on the 17th February to enable the association the opportunity to address a number of allegations that had been lodged by various complainants.

Complaints lodged were in some cases speculative and misleading in stating that Syndicate 52 was set up solely to directly benefit Tenpin Bowling Australian Limited to help pay their debts, that the association Syndicate 52 was a sole operation set up by June Voukolos and Frank Kosztan and that funds raised would benefit them and other committee members as individuals, and that Syndicate 52 had already commenced undertaking membership draws.

All of these allegations were answered and proven to be false. The manner in which the association intended on conducting the Membership Draws was discussed at length and a report will be provided by the Gaming Office in due course.

From the information obtained, it is clear that the association needs to address a number of points raised. This includes changing the name of the association from Syndicate 52 and amending the constitution accordingly. This will obviously take a few weeks to organise and the committee would welcome suggestions for a suitable name. These can be emailed to [email protected]

The committee will continue to keep everyone informed of this progress and again apologise for this inconvenience.

The first part is a smokescreen .. full of bullshit. The complaints never contained that information. Once again they have said that they have answered the complaints that I wonder if they ever really existed (I never once mentioned any of the alleged complaints in my letter to them).

As you can see it is going down the track of an education process for that particular organisation. Obviously they were caught out doing or getting ready to do the wrong thing. Good thing they prepared this company for 4 years. Any less planning and they might not have got off the ground.

Double standard.

It seems that you can say what you want about this subject, but if you have a little go about someone not turning up for tournaments then it is " aww come on fellas .. don't be so nasty"..... someone will have to explain this to me!!!! :shock: :shock:

Dave

That's not how I wrote it and you know it.

If you want to say something about this topic you are quite entitled to. I don't have a say over what others write.

Back
Top Bottom