Should tournament directors allow bowlers to bowl a second s

J

John C

Hi Everyone,
This is just a general question to all bowlers. Let me know what you think.

Raven782

Hey Raven,
Well no i don't think tournament directors should allow people to bowl twice, i think its unfair to the other people who bowled in the first squad and they bowled well. Like today i bowled in a tournment and i bowled in the fist squad, i didn't bowl very well and i could have bowled again but i didn'twant to because i thought that it would have been unfair to those people who did bowl well. There were a couple of people who did bowl both squads and they bowled not to good the first one but then they bowled really well cose they got another shot which put them in the top 8 and i thought that was really unfair
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

i think it is fine to have another squad its up to you but i think its cool
i have always got more then one singles squad

teams and doubles i think you shouldn't be able to but i think singles is fine.

cheers luv shellby
xoxoxoxo
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

Hey AMZY was that tourni called shur graphics and was it held at Keon Park?

i'll answer this question (in my opinion) with a question...

do u believe in second chances??? :p

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

ahhh whoops... lol now that i think about wot i said it makes NO SENSE at ALL!!!! shuddup
icon_razz.gif

so forget being trippy... err...
yeh i reckon it is fine, if u have a problem with it, mayb u should tell the tournie director? they mite consider it and make a rule about it next time.

is it true that nsw state champs has had an extra qualifying squad added on the sunday?? sorry if thats old news but we here in the country are a bit behind in the gossip department
icon_razz.gif

hehe cyas
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Why not, it boosts the prizefund and chances are if they haven't found a shot first go and didn't make it, chances are they won't the second time. Most of the formats overseas are multiple re-entry, bring it on I say.

G

Hey Amzy,
He sure did Amzy he was one of the ones that got knocked out because of the 2 bowlers re bowling. Who are you any way?

In any tournament not in my home centre, I always put a 2nd singles entry in. I mean, so what if the shot is better the second time around. The squad times & oiling times are usually on the entry form, otherwise it only takes a question of the tourney director to find out when they're being oiled. Do a little bit of research into the kinds of patterns the centre usually puts down & plan your squad times around that.
A little bit of study before a tourney can go a long, long way.

GL & HS
Big B

I totally agree with both Matt O & Dale. I was one of those bowlers who re bowled in Shur Graphics only cause I knew that I could do better than what I bowled first time around and also to test myself to see whether or not I was capable of bowling 8 games in a row without tearing my thumb open which I seem to do even when bowling 6 games. I didnt make the cut and I am quiet happy that I didnt and I guess if I did I wouldve withdrawn any way as it wouldnt of been fair for those who made wouldve made the cut had i not bowled again.

What about the bowlers who bowl the second or last squad? where is their chance to have another shot at qualifying?
Doesn't seem fair to me
icon_confused.gif

One entry, one attempt, the best bowlers should make it.
icon_razz.gif

Hey guys,
I also bowled Shur Graphics, but I bowled the second squad and, as Matty O mentioned, I had no chance of bowling again. I think it depends on the tournament layout...

In a situation such as shur graphics, where it is one day, 2 squads, noone should be allowed to bowl more than one squad.

However, in a tournament likeMTBA C'ships or Tenpin Australia C'ships, where it runs over a few days, numerous entries are a bit more acceptable.
icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom