Rockway rolloffs

Hello, sorry wasn't having a go about Sally been there mum, I didn't know that, that's why I was asking. Just putting who's who together, as i said before I'm new here. Having Matt and Chris on any team will increase its success by 10 fold.

I would also like to say tbawa have been very open and transparent about the short notice of selection criteria, and have been very helpfull with any questions or concerns. I do recommend people contact a representative from tbawa with your questions.

Just wondering ?

According to the selection information on the TBAWA website the announcement of the
selection panel was suppose to be made prior to the Joondalup Cup.

I don't seem to be able to find it on the website. Has this happened yet ?

Steve J

It has been announced or posted somewhere just can't remember where. Ken Thompson, Sally Watson, Michael Muir, Carole Gianotti, Jeanie Garret are the selectors. Will apologies in advance if I get got that wrong or missed someone.

Thanks Mark for the information on the selectors.

Looks like a couple of them won't actually be able to have too much of a say
at the selection table due to the "Conflict of Interest" clause.

Steve J

Just in reply to the age old question of how to get the best Rachuig Team i would like to put forward my views.

Firstly Coaching.
We have one of the best coaches in the Country in Ken Thompson here and we should utilise him , not just in the coaching of the Teams but also in bringing on new coaches . I feel Ken should be Head Coach and have 2 assistants to look after the Teams under his eye and direction. With that done you have your selection committee .

Rachuig Trials.
Scrap them straight away , mainly fought over by the Centres for added lineage and unless setting out the same conditions of where you are bowling Rachuig at , well need i say more. I think the new Selection Committee will have enough nouse to form a squad from going around and checking out who the players are . These guys will be then be asked to join the State Selection Squad who will train under the Coaches . I am sure the 3 coaches will be able to choose the appropriate team from the programs and tests that they will set for their squad .
Now i can already here the people saying but what if i wanted to try out and i am not being looked at as everyone should be able to try out, well sorry to disagree , i cant phone Michael Voss and ask to try out for the Brisbane Lions , but if you show talent i am sure word will get around to the Coaching Committee who will assess you and hopefully give you some help to get you into the squad either that year or future years.

Funding
Ugly thing to have to do but such a vital component of the game . Everyone has their strengths , unfortunately not everyone can bowl at the elite level , this doesnt mean you are any less part of the Team . We need the services of as many talented Fundraiser as we can get , let the Bowlers do what they do , train get in the best bowling shape they can , learn from their coaches and get over there and win.

Rachuig is a yearly thing and should be treated as such , from training and fundraising to planning and development it is a fantastic event steeped in tradition and a stepping stone for some of the best players our Country has seen , so lets not let this go the way of some other tournamounts and give it the respect it deserves.

These are just my opinions , if anybody else agrees fantatstic , if not just another old bowling hack sticking his nose into something he doesnt play anymore .

All the best to those that are still wanting to play in this event .

Steve Wimbridge
Perth

Have to agree with you Steve, I will admitt I was not a fan of the selection process but now having been in the state for a few months and had the chance to get to know a few people selection is the way to go. WA potentially has the best men's team in the country.

As for coaching, Ken is great and gives up his time on Saturdays for anyone willing to listen and learn. Plus there is the SBT that is open to TBA members. WA bowling has a bright future.

Back
Top Bottom