Qubica Bowling World Cup - Siberia

rum

Anyone had any luck finding results for this event - plenty of info but unable to find results

Krasnoyarsk...I see to get there the last leg of your flight is in a 4 seater cessna...or the Russian equivalent.

Check the guy in the practice session (in white) who becomes stationary part way through his approach whilst holding the ball at full arms length ABOVE his head, then takes his last step, downswing and delivers the ball. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Reactions: CT
Mick, I'm pretty sure one of the main criteria is that the centre has to be brand new and use all amf components (well at least that's what they said in South Africa)

Tori Torgenson just threw back to back 300s. live at bowl.com now
He's averaging 275.4 so far today. ... 290 258 229 300 300 for all his games thus far this block.

I think AMF decided that everyone deserves to take home a 300 as reward for the travel involved in getting there...
Bowl a 300 and receive a token for a free vodka at the bar. ( dont think it should be called "perfect"game any longer)

Tori Torgenson just threw back to back 300s. live at bowl.com now
He's averaging 275.4 so far today. ... 290 258 229 300 300 for all his games thus far this block.

261.8 ave for the day after 194 game 6 after back to back 300's

Mick, I'm pretty sure one of the main criteria is that the centre has to be brand new and use all amf components (well at least that's what they said in South Africa)

That would not have been part of the criteria when it was in Aust last time lol !!!
I don't think we would have a Centre anywhere in Aust that would qualify
Plenty of AMF Centres have Brunswick gear in them, several of them have machines
that are plus 30 years old
That would also be why the cost of a game is so high, must look after the ROI.....

The new Wyncity in Point Cook bowl due to open in January will qualify. It is going to be an absolute stunning centre and probably be the best we have in Australia!

I almost think Kate should get the award for most corner pins left, she has left soo many!

That would not have been part of the criteria when it was in Aust last time lol !!!
I don't think we would have a Centre anywhere in Aust that would qualify
Plenty of AMF Centres have Brunswick gear in them, several of them have machines
that are plus 30 years old
That would also be why the cost of a game is so high, must look after the ROI.....

These days, to qualify for hosting the Qubica AMF world cup, the centre needs to have the Qubica AMF scoring system & equipment installed.

Rushcutter had the World Cup in Australia in 1984, 82/30 Machines, newly installed Magiscore, Flat Gutters that were just turned over, nothing else done. I worked there up until the Easter of 84 and had the Machines operating fairly well, so much so I could run both floors on my own on a Good Friday while we did 1200 games for the day shift. During the World Cup they had 10 Mechanics on and after the World Cup they had to run both floors with 2 Mechanics. I was worth my weight in Gold those days but AMF never paid me anymore than the next Guy, I had no incentive to stay there, I wish I could be paid in Gold these days and my weight is twice what it used to be.

willey

Rushcutter had the World Cup in Australia in 1984, 82/30 Machines, newly installed Magiscore, Flat Gutters that were just turned over, nothing else done. I worked there up until the Easter of 84 and had the Machines operating fairly well, so much so I could run both floors on my own on a Good Friday while we did 1200 games for the day shift. During the World Cup they had 10 Mechanics on and after the World Cup they had to run both floors with 2 Mechanics. I was worth my weight in Gold those days but AMF never paid me anymore than the next Guy, I had no incentive to stay there, I wish I could be paid in Gold these days and my weight is twice what it used to be.

willey

I remember straight after the stepladder final, they put some social bowler on one of the lanes that had just held the final. 3 balls into his game, the pinspotter literally collapsed in a heap on the deck. all too symptomatic of rushcutter in its latter days

I've watched most of the live feed sessions for this event so far. Whatever the entry criteria was for people to qualify, should be seriously questioned. No disrespect intended, but the standard of bowling from quite a number of competitors, does not reflect the standard that Bowling should present to the world, in an event called "World Cup".
Bowlers across the world should expect and deserve better governance.
No surprise that Bowling has little to no respect as a genuine sport if this is an example of the best of the best. When the Olympics are held, the organizers for many sports, have strict minimum levels which must be met even if someone has managed to be crowned a National Champ. This maintains the integrity of the sport concerned.
Take motor racing for example, if you cant qualify within 110% of the fastest car, you dont get a start, go home, finished.(and trust me, it costs much more than bowling fees and bowling ball costs to participate)
Would be better for this sport if more consideration was given to presenting Bowling in a better manner.
At minimum, the officials should have ensured the "league bowlers" among the participants were not seen in live feed to the general public. Nobody was spectating the squads, so whilst that is pathetic for the sport, at least nobody was there to witness the low standards.
Think I'll invent my own sport and see if some decent rules can help to create an acceptable public profile, there is no chance of ever changing bowling into a real sport in modern accepted terms.
PS Congrats to the Aussies, they bowled well

Pete, The World Cup is purely about getting the qualifiers from each country. In many countries, the standard is extremely low. There probably only 25-30 who are of a decent standard and only about 5-6 who are realistic chances to win. That's why they have the qualifying rounds before the elimination stages. As the finals roll around, the crowd numbers increase.

Back
Top Bottom