NZ Rachuig Team

Beanie

For all those who are interested, the NZ Rachuig team has been announced, and has been posted on the TBA website (click here to view all teams).

The NZ team is as follows:

Men (All from Auckland)
David Davies
Craig Nevatt
Bryce Andrews
Greg Bloomfield
Jason Waters
Pete Richardson
Tony Lum

Women (Auckland unless specified)
Julieanne Mollet
Amanda Kebblewhite
Ashley McCormick
Rochelle Killey
Megan Fletcher
Ivena Heald (Wellington)
Alison Hayward (Tauranga)

Needless to say, we are all looking forward to what will be an extremely challenging tournament.

David.

Congrats to all who made the team,u guys must be looking forward to going to melbourne.Looking forward to be competing against u guys come october.

What is the prerequisite's require to bowl for NZ at rachuig?
Every state of Australia seems to have a different criteria

Milkman, rumour has it that you are moving to the pea soup capital of New Zealand, being Hamilton. Is that why you would be asking?

Just wondering whatever happened to the following bowlers:

Lesley Potter
Dianne Whichelow
Koia Shannon
Raewyn Longman
Kaye Dinan

are they still bowling? where are they now?

Also tell me if the old Palmerston North bowl is still functioning and has the new centre opened yet. Is Wanganui Bowl still there and Petone? What about Upper Hutt - geeze I am going down memory lane now!

Hi Lefty, good to see you here.

Lesley Potter is still active in bowling - doing the odd tournament, but not as serious as she should be. She will be at Rachuig, but as a supporter. Vic and Lesley are now based in Tauranga.

Kaye Dinnan is still bowling a league at Panmure, but that's as much as she is doing these days.

I am not sure what Raewyn is doing, I haven't seen her in a while. She is still based in Hamilton, but I am not sure how much bowling she is actually doing.

Koia & Dianne have retired from bowling - I haven't seen Koia in 18 months, Dianne I haven't seen bowling for years.

David.

farma said:
Milkman, rumour has it that you are moving to the pea soup capital of New Zealand, being Hamilton. Is that why you would be asking?

Craig,

Not too sure yet. The company I work for is moving our department to Hamilton, and I'm awaiting to see a contract before I agree to anything.

Just getting a feeler for things if you get what I mean :)

milkman said:
What is the prerequisite's require to bowl for NZ at rachuig?
Every state of Australia seems to have a different criteria

Hey Milkie

Wouldnt you need higher than a 160 league average to even think about bowling Rachuig ;)

Milkie - you might need a kiwi passport, Kiwis have had problems in the past with Aussies bowling in NZ FIQ teams!! Remember the year we bowled in Indonesia, certain Aussies had a bit of an eyeball at each other. (However all was forgiven when expat Aussies demonstrated how well they could do the Haka!!!)

Milkman, not sure what the criteria will be for next year and the future, as NZTBC, the national body in NZ is in liquidation, so it is dependant on what the new national body (when established) decides.

Can be certain that higher than 160 average will be a requirement........ :D

NZ passport shouldn't be a problem for Rachuig. But like Lefty says, you must be travelling on a passport of the country you are representing for FIQ events.

Unfortunately Pete Richardson has had to withdraw from the New Zealand Rachuig team, and has been replaced by David Brown.

:?: Apart from over 160Ave, What were the pre-requisites for the 2004 team??? :?:

Nz

Hey guys congrats on making the team and cant wait to meet you all again.
Are there any of last years guys coming if so the Nth Queensland mens teams issue a challenge out to them again at the Bar

Back
Top Bottom