No more High Roller for aussies!!!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I heard it along the grape vine but I didn't believe it until now, Brad has decided to wipe out almost every International player by having this ridiculous rule. Doesn't affect me much but Belmo, Walshy, wont be playing anymore.

Brad Edelmann, Tournament Director of the High Roller Megabuck events, has informed us that effective for the 2008 February High Roller, the "A Game" & the Las Vegas Red Hot (Feb. 2-9, 2008), many of the world's top amateurs won't be present.

New eligibility rules now disallow men and women players from any country's national team, including Team USA, going back to 2003. Also, players that have won titles from many of the world's most prestigious tournaments will no longer be allowed to compete.

What does this mean to many players? First of all, the entry fees are lower than this past July. The first High Roller entry is now $260, down from $300 and re-entries are $175 each, down from $200. And gone is the $10 for using a re-entry that was won in the popular $20 Insurance Program.

The 39 & Under and 40 to 49 Age Divisions are now combined in qualifying. However, once in match play of the Grand Finals, there will be a separate division for the 40-year olds so that a player from that age group will be guaranteed at least $10,000 as in the other divisions!

Without many of the world's best amateurs competing, the organizers expect the cut scores to be lower. A study from July showed that a squad with cuts of 226 in the "39" and 228 in the "40" would now be 218. That means lower cuts to reach the Grand Finals.

That is appealing, I've gotta say.

I guess with most of his entries coming from local players, he's got a better chance of beefing up their numbers by making this move. A shame for the national reps, but could well build the tournament up for the future.

New eligibility rules now disallow men and women players from any country's national team, including Team USA, going back to 2003. Also, players that have won titles from many of the world's most prestigious tournaments will no longer be allowed to compete.
We don't have these restrictions in the EBT so your're all welcome to bowl in our tournament ;)
Hammer Bronzen Schietspoel Tournament
A unique Combined Dual Lane Condition Tournament, total prizefund 55.000 euro (AUS $ 81,653), first prize 10.000 euro (AUS $ 16,330).

Its an interesting move, to not allow the top (professional) amateurs from around the world and make it a true amateur event. With the introduction of the Pros to FIQ it appears bowling is changing.

I think its the stupidest move for bowling.

We are the only sport in the world where if you work hard and get good, it disadvantages you.
God forbid someone told Tiger he wasnt allowed to play a event because he is too good.....I mean, he gets paid millions to show up and win.

I spoke with brad about this and told him exactly what i thought...... he tells me things 'may' change.

My biggest point is...if its entries he wants, well excluding me and others like me means replacing bowlers like me with 1 other bowler is crazy.

i spend more than 15 average joe bowlers, thats if i am slow playing the day. Brad counted the bowlers the rules will affect, its something like 75. So if 75 bowlers, like me can not come, he needs at least 750 new players............NOT HAPPENING.

I wish all those who can play the roller good luck...and there is no hard feelings with brad, its his event, he can do what ever he likes, but when the time comes that i can play again....ill be ready!

ps- The roller is not a true amatuer event, never has, if you want to bowl in that event its called the TAT

pss- There are hardly any local entries, the guys who spend the money there are american 'should go pro bowerls'

psss- And if you are scared to bowl agaisnt the best, and think now the level of bowling is low, forget going to Vegas.....everyone but all the international bowlers and team USA bowlers and PBA cant bowl....the rest are just as good...for example a couple of ABC masters champions, Mr 900, multiple high roller champions and my favourite, ex pba players!

But if you do go, its the best kind of bowling in the world.....

Belmo

Back
Top Bottom