junior shield

TEAM BORONIA 07:D

all stars aint important it is how people work as a team and which team works together to win
its hard to say who will win boys and girls because all teams are good

Well it will be out of Forest Hill and Boronia for the Boys and Girls well Boronia and Keon Park.
All Stars well same as the ones Em has said 5th well again who knows.
Boys is very close but would put Nick Williamson, Josh Morel and Ben Tait for the moment.

Go luck to everyone bowling

For the boys it could possibly be Ben Tait, Matt Harriage, Josh Morel and anyone else who gives it a damn good try.
The girls can be anyones on the day.

I must say that the Knox boys will give it a great go with Ben Tait and Matt Harriage in the team and the girls should do really well too.

I wish the best of luck and high scoring to Taiya Bagley and Michael Robb who will be competing in Junior Shield for the final time and to anyone else that we have seen bowl over the years and has now turned 18.

Go Knox, you could be up there with the best of them this year. High scoring and most of all "HAVE FUN" :p

Michelle :newyear:

Knox have Ben and Matt but don't really have any bowlers to fill in the gaps.

The boys will be between Forest Hill and Boronia. Forest Hill boys are in form at the moment :).

Girls should be Boronia but Keon could give them a run for it. Boronia should end up with the overall shield.

My guesses for girls all stars:
Bec Whiting
Laura Kairn
Kirsten Field
Caroline Chang
Rachael Glare

Boys:
Josh Morel
Ben Tait
Nathaniel Muir
John Allen
James Banfield

It should be a fun weekend for all, I'm really looking forward to it this year. Hopefully it stays cool outside so we all don't sweat to death.

Good luck to all the other bowlers playing on the weekend,

Nick

Hey all

;) GO PARKERS, KICK SOME B***S ;)

My guesses for all stars are:
GIRLZ:
Bec Whiting
Laura Kairn
Caroline Chang
Chris Glare
Kirsten Field or Rachael Glare

BOYZ:
Nick Williamson
Nathaniel Muir
John Allen
James Banfield
Ross O'Neill hall

Gud luck to all bowlin this wkend. Have fun n cant wait 2 see who wins.
Gud luck to all n high scoring

JUNIOR SHIELD? best words to describe it is FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN ENJOYING URSELF FUN FUN FUN UN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN SUPPORTING UR TEAM WITH GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND TEAM WORK FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.... i think you get the picture:p. Shield has always been a great way for up and coming bowlers to get a taste of a competitive atmosphere along with working as a team to achieve their best and at the end of the day feel satisfied with how they performed (as well as hopefulli winning shield;)) All Stars is always an awesome bonus but regardless of who's in that top 5 at the end of the weekend everyones a star for just giving it a go and continually giving it a go year after year......lol well thats my little input on shield, im kinda sad cos its my last yr but hav never regretted bowling for Chaddy and shield year after year.....AMF junior Shield is always a good way to finish of a year.... Cheeers ppls and see u all bright and early on saturday morning
..................Caz

Good luck all. Bowl as a team and have fun.
Wish i could come down and support my beloved Knox team but I will be away this weekend.
GO KNOX :smilie_gruenweiss:
Alex

c'mon uncle alex

the big sharks at the hills may bite :frusty:

but you luv the little ones...... share the luv.......:inlove:

good luck to all kids, all teams, bowl well and enjoy the experience...

Hey guys, just want to say good luck to Keon Park!

Especially Laura, Chrissy and Rachael. You girls are gonna kick arse!!

Stay behind your girls and get pumped!

The shield is in its rightful place at the moment lets keep it that way! :p

And a special good luck to my cuz Joshi Morel bowlin for Forest Hill. Your gonna bowl so awesome! Just keep up the form you have been bowling and you will kill it!

GO PARKERS!

Alicia
Keon Park
2006 Captain
Winning Girls Team

KICK ARSE!

I was say a big well done to everyone that bowled this wkend you all bowled really great, but i wanna say a hugh congrats to the Parker girls for taking their 7th title Boronia boys for winnin and the Parker boys and girls for winnin over all.

GO PARKERS, YOU GIRLZ ARE UNSTOPABLE.
GO PARKERS GO PARKERS GO

Well done to the 2007 all stars team:
BOYZ:
Nick Williamson
Nathaniel Muir
John Allen
Ross O'Neill Hall
Ben Tait

GIRLZ:
Bec Whiting
Caz Chang
Rach Glare
Jaimie Lee Spiller
Laura Kairn

Well done to all you guys, you all bowled really well. Special congrats to the 4parker bowlers Rach Laura Jaimie and Nathaniel well done guys u all bowled really great over this weekend.

Crissy: Captian what can i say, you did an awesome job as our captian this year. You made the weekend exciting and fun. Inoe you will do the same next year keep up the great work Chrissy.

I would like to say a very big thank you to my Manager Pam Young.
For all the great work over the past 18yrs of doing junior shield.
Thanx for everything Pam we really appreciate it and are greatful for everything you have done for junior bowling at Keon Park, you are an insperation to so many people and you will be for so many years yet. It's great that you were so dedicated to Junior Shield. We thank you and we love you and we will miss you but you will be there in our hearts.

Thanx again Pam we really appreciate it and are greatful for it all.
Take care and we will miss you heaps.

WELL DONE PARKERS, YOU GUYZ BOWLED SO AWESOME THIS WEEKEND.

Neway well done to all and congrats to all the winners and all star members.
Good luck and bowl well next yr
Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

Heyyyyyyyyy everyone, just wanted to say a huge congrats to alll the teams for bowling this weeekend...An awesome effort all round and was good to see everyone enjoying themselves:)
Just a little mix up with the all stars, there was actually 6 bowlers for the boys as the 5th and 6th top averages where exactly the same on 199.00...sooo All Stars for 2007 where:
Well done to the 2007 all stars team:
BOYZ:
Nick Williamson
Nathaniel Muir
John Allen
Ross O'Neill Hall
Ben Tait and Feliks Alidort

GIRLZ:
Bec Whiting
Caz Chang
Rach Glare
Jaimie Lee Spiller
Laura Kairn

Well done again to Keon Park Girls, Boronia Boys and Keon Park on their wins this weekend....
Cheers guys and keep up the bowling:)
...Caz Chang

Hey everyone,

I would just like to say a huge congratulations to everyone who participated on the weekend at AMF Junior shield, the standard of bowling was awesome.(maybe thats not the right words).

I wanna say thank you to sunshine bowl for hosting the tournament, i know its not always easy but you guys did a great job.

To my girls, WOW what can i say, you guys did your team and you home centre REALLY REALLY PROUD, never once did you girls give in, you kept up to a standard that was just above awesome.I loved our little huddle conversations, thats what kept us in the game.We bowled like a team and thats all i could ever ask. plus we kicked a lil arse at the same time :) you girls ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

And to the Keon Park Boys, well what can i say, you had us girls worried after the first day, but you guys came back bigger and stronger and thats all anyone could ask for.

To our managers, Jess and Pam, thanks so much for the support you gave the whole team throughout the past few months, im sure without it we wouldnt have gotten as far as we did....

And to the Boronia Boys, congratulations on wining the boys division, even after nearly being whitewashed in that last game :p

To the all stars Congratulations too all of you. Great to see some high averages.

To the people ageing out, hopefully you had a great last tournament.

Just thank you to anyone who i havnt mentioned who was also involved.
Hope to see most of you next year.
GO PARKERS!!!!!!

Chrissy

Firstly congratulations to all of the bowlers that participated, Junior Shiled is a fantastic tournament to be a part of. Well done to the Intercentre team, great effort.

I just like to say a HUGE congrats to the KP girls for winning 7 yrs straight, what an effort! It was very, very well deserved!

Of course that wouldn't have been possible without Pam. Thank you from all of your juniors past and present. Junior Shield will not be the same without you.

I would also like to congratulate the KP boys for their great team work and effort on the weekend. Your bowling on the second day was amazing, to start the day at 8th and finish 4th was a fantastic effort.

Congrats to all of the all stars, especially Nathaniel, Rachael, Jamie and Laura, well bowled.

And lastly, Congrats to the whole Parkers team for the taking out the Overall Shield. It was well deserved

Lets hope the Parkers can keep it going next Year
"GO PARKERS"
:D :D :D :D

I would like to congratulate all of the bowlers that participated over the weekend. Congratulations also to Keon Park and Boronia - you have done it again.
A big congratulations (with the loudest cheers) goes to our Knox team that came in 3rd place, which is the highest result ever for Knox.
Someone mentioned in a previous post that Knox only had 2 main bowlers and no-one else who could fill the hole - well the girls team was exceptional all weekend and the boys started coming good on the Sunday, maintaining Saturdays 3rd position.
Congratulations to Ben Tait for making the all stars team and also to everyone else who made the team (most of whom were the favourites).
I would also like to congratulate my daughter Taiya who had a fantastic Saturday and was just short of making the team also. What a great finish (and a personal best finish) for her final year in Juniors.
Knox said a sad farewell to 3 of their juniors this year (Taiya, Michael and Vanessa) but have a great young bunch that will surely impress in the next few years.
Well done everyone.
Michelle :newyear:

Congratulations to everyone involved for yet another successful AMF junior shield, my first one and I must say it was sensational!!

Congratulations to Keon Park for winning the overall, excellent effort guys!
Also a great effort from the All Star bowlers some great averages there particularly Nick Williamson with top average for the tournament! Well done mate!

And finally congratulations to the Knox boys and girls. Although not really given much of a chance, we proved that a fighting team spirit and lots of encouragement can go a long way towards performing well, even if not having the best team on paper. Third place was a great effort and you all should be very proud of yourselves.

Well done to all participating for making it loads of fun and a very successful tournament!!

been a while since i been on here so i might give it another shot. well done to boronia boys for winnign the boys title for wat i think is the 4th year straight, u new boys just took over us old farts from last year in style and retaining that title. well done to bec whiting and caz chang for making the girls team and to nick williamson john allen ben tait and the guy no ones knows made it good old felix alidort on making the all stars . pity i couldnt come and make it i am sure it was a rippa of a weekend and everyone had a blast
this was authorised by the camp of matthew whiting
former all star
and part of the 2006 boronia boys team

First of all I would like to say well done to everyone that bowled over this weekend at Sunshine. Everyone seemed to have fun and join in the spirit of this great event. Apart from a couple of lanes breaking down the tournament was run very smoothly and the centre staff were very helpful with any problems.

Now, Congratulations to the Keon Park team for taking out the girls shield (yet again) and also winning the combined. Congratulations to the Boronia boys on winning, but it won't be the same next year.

Congratulations to everyone who bowled well enough to make the All-Star team, especially Felix, who didn't get announced as an All-Star with the rest of us, because a tie for the last spot went unnoticed.

I would like give a special thank you to all the team managers, coaches, parents and anyone else who helped in the running and organising of the event. Without all of you volunteering your time, this weekend wouldn't be possible, so thank you.

And lastly I would like to thank my Forest Hill boys for bowling so well this weekend and helping us run second, well done boys. Don't worry though, we'll get Boronia next year.

Nick

I'd just like to say a huge Congratulations to everyone from Knox for coming third.

Even though everyone had their minds set for us to finish last we showed everyone that working as a team, having fun and bowling our absolute best got us up their on the weekend. It was a great way to finish for my last year of juniors and was very emotional for me on sunday to say goodbye to everyone.

Also i have to say we were the loudest chanters there continuously chanting till we could barely talk.

Congratulations to Ben Tait for making the all stars, fantastic effort and hope to see you bowling for Knox for many more years to come in Junior Shield and in Dunn Shield.

Big sad goodbye to my best friend Michael and Vanessa who are no longer knox juniors (as well as anyone else who i've bowled with or against that have turned 18 this year).

I will miss Junior shield but have the memories of it for the many years i bowled in it.

Thankyou to Leanne and Maree for managing the Knox team and to Ross and My dad (Trevor) for coaching us.

But i have to say a huge thankyou to my personal coach who came down (even when he didnt have to) and helped me throughout the whole weekend. Without him i probably would have bowled pretty shockingly. He said he was disappointed i didnt make it into the all stars team after being 2nd girl after day 1 but to be 7th girl out of how ever many there were was a great feeling for me (disappointing yes) but great.
Thankyou so much Matty especially for not giving up on me.

So without making this much longer thankyou to everyone for making the weekend so enjoyable and hope to see everyone who has turned 18 in the Dunn Shield at Knox next year. Lets hope the Knox adults can pull there fingers out and bowl as well as the juniors did and goodluck to the little juniors that are left for junior shield at Moorabbin next year.

Taiya xx

Back
Top Bottom