I'm disappointed with the bowling community

Well what do you know...After the last 12 months of trying to add the Tenpin Bowling Show on FB (to try and work together for the good of the sport) with plenty of declines i might add...I now have a new friend request...

****en funny how the tide turns...

mmmmmmmm what to do

I think you already know my feelings on this and you don't even need to ask :)

Tenpin Bowling Show said:
Hi Jase, I think the show is stuffed anyway so won't be around soon to annoy you or whatever. Just to clear something up (not that it really matters now) it was my sponsor at the time, Noel Ambler who told me I should start up a forum after I told him of the bill you sent me for advertising what was coming up next on the show. That's where it all started. You can come back and blast me for listening to someone else instead of continuing to pay TB. As I said, prob don't matter now as this "fly by nighter is about to "fly away". Good luck and health to you. Tony.

Received this yesterday and to be quite frank wanted you to all see it…I prefer to have it all out in the open as a lot of Chinese whispers never ever get the story straight…I even rang TONY at the time and said surely WE CAN WORK TOGETHER, but NO they decided they could do it bigger and better…

Tony hasn’t posted on TB for whatever reasons and that doesn’t worry me as I hardly post here either, but has been happy to continue to use TB to drum up support in his PM’s…

Let’s get a few things clear for everyone…

Tony was offered a spot on TB to advertise just like all the other online shops do…He was invoiced $240 for 6 months of advertising (and also agreed to have a small section for TB to be advertised on the show) in which the last contract was never honoured (he isn’t the only one, I have had a few other pro-shops not pay the bills either)…My theory behind that was the more exposure TB could get the more members we got, the more participation on here and then it escalates to more participation in the sport its self, Leagues, Tournaments’ etc etc…Eveyone wins even the centres get more through their doors…

With that TB was there to help support him to try and get the show off the ground in its early stages of its existence, we were willing to help him get off the ground…Its then up to him to make a business of it, not sit back and let things fall into place once some of the organizations were throwing sponsorship/support his way, (maybe sell some DVD packs, T-shirts whatever it would take to make some money back, $40 a month isn’t alot) who knows but that is then up to him like other business to get off their backsides and make it work…No-one said it was going to be easy (it never is in business or a new one at that)…We have all sold houses and stuff to get a business off the ground… but when they got the support of …TBA…AMF and Gold pin all of a sudden TB was out in the cold with all of these other organizations and he didn’t want a bar of us…All of a sudden the TBS had made the big time and TB who supported him from an early stage was forgotten about…

TB has always been a standalone forum and supported the sport; any monies it has received in the past through sponsorship went towards the upkeep of the site and SPONSORING TOURNAMENTS and TEAMS…Producing the live scores link and best of all THE MONEY WENT BACK TO THE SPORT AT ALL TIMES…But you know what it hasn’t had that kind of support now since the TBS has come along…

We lost AMF support for whatever reasons (they have their own and we all know them) but I believe other wise… The sport has not been the same in the way of promoting the big events since that day…But have you ever heard me once complain? Have you seen the site fold? Do you see me on other forums complaining that we are going under? NO that’s because I have just gone about things my way and kept paying the bills to keep the forum up and the site going for you all to use…Yes it may not have had as many upgrades, yes we have been slack at getting records or stories up but hey it’s not my core business, I do it because (well actually I am still not sure why I still do it BUT I DO)…But with the limited facilities we have today we do our best…

TOTAL BOWLING has always been and always will continue to be a supporter of the sport and the bowlers themselves in some way shape or form and here is hoping we can get some support back from some of those sponsors in the past and with the support of TBA (who may come back on board) and others maybe the sport can start to move forward AGAIN…
We have never been privy to the kind of support that the TENPIN BOWLING SHOW has had in the past, the thousands of dollars that it was given by its supporters to film and edit the shows or finals only…How much of that was ever used as sponsorship for ANY TOURNAMENT?...Maybe it was i don’t know but I don’t remember seeing an event or Team that said it was proudly sponsored by TBS

Cara has since been in contact with me regarding trying to form a relationship again with TB and if that happens then that’s great also, but I haven’t heard any more since… that doesn’t mean it’s not happening, it just means that maybe she has been as busy as I have and will get back to me in time…

So Tony rather than throw in the towel maybe there is a lesson learnt in forgetting the grass roots supporters of the sport and just ditching on them…Harden up and show what the TBS can offer your supports rather than just take all the time, put something back…

That's good, Jase, posting a private message on your site.

I still wont post any of yours to me.

Jim

That's good, Jase, posting a private message on your site.

I still wont post any of yours to me.

Jim

Jim i am sick of Chinese whispers and he said she said stuff that bites this site and me in the arse all the time...

I have nothing to hide its for all to see...Those who know me know i tell it how it is and respect me for that...

Mind you i am happy to work with the TBS show if they want AGAIN...

Back
Top Bottom