Berri

its called adjustment travy..
there are many centres that are the same.

from what i heard it was a good weekend =]

Even the lefties had trouble on 1/2....

(as much as it pains me to say) Well done and congrats George on a terrific performance and a well deserved win. You were the only one there constantly in the pocket.

Trotts, breathe a sigh of relief, that 9 pin made you $400....a ball change a frame earlier in the final and we could have had a different result. Well done anyway mate.

Frawls, good job for 3rd place, I think the whole centre (except Trotts!) felt your pain when the 9 wouldn't go, but as always, it's a pleasure watching you bowl and the light hearted manner in which you interact with other bowlers is really refreshing. Hope to see ya out for SA Cup.

Couple of questions though.....and I mean these questions with no malice:
1. What was the wisdom behind re-oiling after 4 games between first cut and second? Surely the condition could have held up for the 8 games after second cut....after all, we did bowl 10 games to qualify, and the condition after the 10 wasn't that bad.
2. Why are certain bowlers carded and others not for their indiscretions? I think I'll leave that comment right where it is.

Overall, a great tournament, great prize fund and great fries from the cafe!
If allowed, I'll be there next year (minus the bad temper after 5 open frames in a row).

Thanks

Michael "First Card Received at Bowland Berri" Tran

I didnt see any cards in A squad, although I wasnt really looking :)

I did give the wall a little kick after missing my 3rd 10 pin on lane 1 though oops... :surrender:

A big congratulations to Steve and a pat on the back to all his staff.

This was a huge success for tenpin bowling in country centres with Australian rep bowlers having a crack right down to the locals that have only been bowling for a couple of years.

Well done to George, very consistent all weekend.
Also congrats to Paul......2 unretiree's 1st and 2nd.
And conratulations to Andrew.....bloody 9 pin.

Like Michael said earlier... Frawls was a huge favorite with the locals, both with the bowling and the interaction. When was the last time you had a crowd and applause like that for a 299 game?:D:D

A big effort by Shane with his 300 game. Very timely and Alicia said thanks.

The condition was tough but fair, you missed you paid, you got it right and it worked.

Once again congratulations to Steve and his staff for an awesome effort.

Rob

PS...Well done to the Tenpin Bowling Show crew. Very efficiant. Can't wait to see the show.

Yes, I like everyone else would just like to say that the Riverland Cup was a very well run tournament and ran very smoothly. Hopefully this is the first of many Riverland Cups to come. Congrats to Steve on a job well done given this is his first tournament.

I would also like to say that it was a pleasure to bowl in a tournament where the cut for the money wasn't around the 200 ave mark like in some tournaments. Having said this, means that the condition laid down was challenging and made bowlers think about where to bowl the ball rather than aim at an area. Therefore I would say that although there was mixed comments about the condition played on, it was IMHO spot on. Not to mention the 4 day (old) new pins may have had something to do with this as well (I guess they will be a year and 4 days old next year).

I will hopefully be back in 2009 given I have the money to be able to bowl in the tournament. Guess I better start saving now.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Having bowled a few stops overseas this year and bowled my fair share of tournaments in Australia I must say in 2008, I had the most fun in Berri. Steve and Anne worked tirelessly putting this together and certainly put on a memorable event.

The lane condition was challenging, the prizefund was exceptional, the TV will be one to be remembered. Support from the bowlers was nothing short of amazing, to have 60 paid deposits with the tournament full several weeks out is unheard of.

Locals who came in to watch were certainly entertained

Rob's 98, Frawls 299 and Shane's (Seans :D) 300 was the first ever for this new centre, well done! The hospitality of the locals was amazing, I certainly made some new friends, to whom I look forward to seeing next year.

The house boat we stayed on was fun, our trip down the river resulted in NO fatalities :D and we managed to get the boat back in 1 piece.

I would like to give a huge thank you to Steve and Anne who invited Andrew and I to the event. I had heaps of fun and look forward to a bigger and better 2009.

For anyone who couldn't make it this year, mark the dates for next year, it's one not to miss.

Back
Top Bottom