Belmo Warned by PBA Officials

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Personally, I think both guys need to bury the hatchet... and not in each others heads.

[video=youtube;Lz8VYvty-eI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8VYvty-eI&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

i hate to say it, but im a good judge of character, and belmo and his fans cant ride this "he's promoting the sport for us aussies" thing.

he's been doing this level of bowling for years now, if its common knowledge to fill the sheets out when u finish first and he isnt doing that, it couldnt just be ignorance, theres more to it.

I bowled Qualifying stage 1 Day 2 at Orange Open with Belmo, i was so excited and tried to stay out of his way but to not even interact with me, but go and have a yarn with all his boys like George and Jarrod and the like, kind of annoyed me.

Anyway i hope he does well.

Parker Bohn III will always be my No. 1

I think the toothless wonder needs to get over himself. That's pathetic sandbox junior league stuff, crying to the officials someone isn't writing your scores down - ffs, do it yourself and get over it. It's 3 numbers, usually one of them is a 2, how hard can it be?

From the Official PBA Rulebook

18.3 Score Sheet Responsibility.
18.3.1 Verifying and Signing the Score Sheet (Qualifying). Competitors are responsible for
verifying and signing both their own score sheet as well as that of their competitor. Verification of
information includes game scores, total pins, plus / minus totals and bowling balls used in competition.
PENALTY: $50 (PBA Tour)
$25 (PBA Regional and Senior Tour)
a. On a pair of lanes with three (3) players, verify and sign the score sheet of the competitor who
is clockwise in the rotation. In the example below: A to C to B to A.
EXAMPLE: Lane 1 Lane 2
Bowler- A Bowler - C
Bowler- B
b. On a pair with four (4) players, verify and sign the score-sheet of the competitor directly across
in the rotation. In the example below: A to C, B to D and vice-versa.
Bowler- A Bowler - C
Bowler- B Bowler - D
c. On a pair with five (5) players, verify and sign the score sheet of the competitor who is
clockwise in the rotation. In the example below: A to D to E to C to B to A.
Bowler- A Bowler - D
Bowler- B Bowler – E
Bowler -C

18.3.2 Verifying and Signing the Score Sheet (Match Play). Verify and initial the opponent's
score sheet immediately following each match.

18.3.3 Documenting Equipment on the Score Sheet.
Competitors must document each
bowling ball used during the round on their score sheet by the end of the first game the ball is put into
play. Documentation of each bowling ball should include:
a. Last four digits of the serial number.
b. Grips used, if any (including the manufacturer's name).
c. Extra holes (if the ball has more than three holes or if holes have been drilled deeper).
d. Slugs or plugs used.

18.3.4 Recording Game Scores. As a courtesy, the player finishing the game first should
record the game scores and the plus and minus totals on all score sheets during all portions of the
tournament.
PENALTY: Warning

18.3.5 Damage to Score Sheets. Competitors may not intentionally damage their score sheets.
PENALTY: Bowling Conduct Violation - $100

18.3.6 Official Scores. Once a competitor signs his or her score sheet, he or she agrees that,
barring any necessary mathematical corrections, the score becomes official. The PBA shall have one
hour to make any mathematical corrections, but any other disputes that would result in the improvement
of a competitor's score shall not be allowed.

I think there is more to this situation... more than what we've seen on TV with the "Take that you bottle *****!" thing.

Why put yourself in the situation to be put under fire, in what is already heated.

I know this is not how the world works, but I think that 'celebrities' in any field should be judged as a person, on normal behavoural standards as would ( or should ) apply to you and me.

Get as excited or supportive as you wish about their performance in their field, but don't carry that over into anything else.

It's what the PBA want, unfortunetly its not good for the sport. I'd write his scores down in the tiniest print possible :)

Hey Daz,

Enjoy the moment but never stay out of the way. You paid the same amount to enter and have the right to bowl along side as an equal.

That's not an anti Belmo comment there, just my equal rights hat on. But I guess your not allowed to bowl with hats any more....!

Hey George,

Do you think Storm could introduce a Storm brand super fine pen and magnifying glass? Just like old folk use to read the New Paper with a cup-a-tea.

I was a PBA member for 11 years I was fined twice for not writing the scores down.
the Rules have not changed get over it.

The gloss seems to be wearing off the Aussie Assassin....either follow the rules or pay the penalty. in this case, it's Jason's reputation that is being damaged.

Rules are rules I suppose. I'd be making sure my scores were correct by doing them myself.

There suppose to be professionals, start acting like it. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rules are rules and he broke them. Now he has some sort of penalty because of it.

I am not sure where the issue is. Perhaps because of who he is you lot think there should be a second set of rules maybe............

Back
Top Bottom