Ball Drilling Holes (Advice Sought)

Por

Playing about 12 Months and averaging about 160

I throw with right hand, using a beginner’s 10 Lb plastic ball.

My natural arm movement comes somewhat across my body and as I release the ball my hand seems to rotate a little in a clockwise direction.

Resulting in the ball travelling towards the left of the lane and then hooking to the right towards the strike pocket!

The more speed I put on the ball the less it hooks.

In an effort to improve my game I decided to buy a reactive ball and hopefully take advantage of natural arm and release action.

So much advice from other bowler and on the net that it’s honestly confusing so I’ve taken a shot in the dark and bought a Storm Timeless 13 Lb.

Hoping that someone who is right handed and also creates a ball hooking in the same direction might be able to give me some tips on how to best have the holes drilled in the new ball?

Thank You in Advance

Playing about 12 Months and averaging about 160

[...]

Hoping that someone who is right handed and also creates a ball hooking in the same direction might be able to give me some tips on how to best have the holes drilled in the new ball?

Thank You in Advance

Por,

My best tip is to find the local pro-shop in your area and speak to a qualified and experienced ball driller. Talk to a few of the long-term bowlers and see who they recommend and why - you might get a variety of answers but then you have a choice. You *may* get some advice on these forums and other corners of the internet - ignore them and talk to someone face-to-face who can advise on ball weight, layout and type.

And welcome to the interesting world of ball layouts, bowling conditions and your new arsenal!

Hi

Ta so much for the advice and reply.

It is of course my intention to go the local Pro shop to get it drilled.

Simply looking to gather ideas from other so as I might have a little understanding of the variables involved.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom