Brunswick Avalanche Balls

Whilst not a ball review - our supplier in the US has stated they have not seen as much interest in any other entry level ball as they have the Avalanches for a long time.

For you Brunswick fans out there, it may well be worth your while having a good look at these balls - they are selling like hot cakes from US distributors, in fact some weights sold out again today.

click here for all information on the Pearl or click here for the Solid.

Has anyone else noticed the blue pearl is visually smaller than any other ball on the market? I have seen three ordered at seperate times, and they are all only JUST big enough...

G'Day,

This week I purchased a Green/Black and Red/Blue Avalanche from Michael at Ballistics Revs.

These balls are absolute value for money.

I am stepping up from 14 to 15lb so I struggled a little.

The Green/Black is configured pretty stacked in layout with the pin at the top right corner of the ring finger and CG directly below one inch from the grip centre.

The ball has a good roll through the mid lane on the THS with a progressive back end.

The RED Blue is drilled with the pin middle of the fingers just up from the bridge, CG one inch from the grip centre. This ball is great on the fresh lanes, it bites a little earlier than the purl green/black with a strong continuous back end arch.

I am really Happy with the purchase and decision to go this way. I now have three Avalanche balls all drilled slightly different make the transition from ball to ball easy.

The only thing left now, is to work on the lack of bowler consistence of shot. Stepping from 14 to 15 was harder than I thought it would be.

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd shoot some feedback on the Avalanche Urethane. This is a great ball for DRY lane conditions.

Weekend just gone was roll offs for Brisbane Association. Due to a oiling machine breakdown on lane 1 the lanes were not oiled for the event (lanes 2-20). With weekend play and lane changes every game, we experienced every pair in the house for only 1 game which was extremely dry and inconsistent.

The Avalanche with it's pearl coverstock gave me awesome length and allowed me to play directly in the dry and allow the ball to float up to the pocket with ease. It did not overreact and in the dry really surprised with excellent carry.

It's not a ball that is designed to cross a whole heap of boards and I wouldn't go to it in oil - BUT, when the lanes are severely dry and the ball wants to go early, this is a great ball to go to !!!

Way to go Brunswick - great ball.

Cheers
Jon King

Back
Top Bottom