Ashley Riley - 4 TIME AUSTRALIAN MASTERS CHAMPION

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
I would like to congratulate a good friend of mine, Ashley Riley, on winning his 4th Australian Masters Title.

No other male has won more than two, and winning 4 (1995, 1998, 2005 and 2013), in at least 3 different formats, is just a phenomenal achievement. Surely this has to be the icing on the cake for what should be automatic inclusion to TBA's Hall of Fame.

Only Jeanette Baker and the late Ruth Guerster have won the Masters 4 times, and both are Hall of Famers, inducted in the mid 80's.

You sir, are a legend.

Also, congratulations must go to Bec Whiting on her win in the ladies event, and becoming one of the very few, to win both Australian Junior and Open Masters titles.

Great effort!

Ashley you are one of the best, Congratulations for your FOURTH Masters Hall of Fame induction is next I nominate you now. TBA take note. Congrats to Bec Whiting also. Dockers

In every sport there comes along a player who has a rare skill set, that allows them to make the incredibly hard look easy, who sets the bar so high that other players merely dream of being in their league, and who inspires others to be the best that they can be. These players/athletes can be classed as a "once in a generation player". In my (very humble) opinion Ashley Riley is one such player, not only because he has become the first male to win four Australian Masters titles, but also for bowling 450+ Rachuig games, achieving multiple Rachuig all-star teams, Rachuig winning Captain...........I could go on but you get the picture, this guy is damn good!!

The fact that he is also one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and values his family and friends above all else shows you that not only is he an extremely gifted bowler, but also a person of true style and substance.

Ash you are a true legend, and an inspiration to us all!!

Cheers

Steve

Back
Top Bottom