Amount to pay if you make Rachuig

noddy

Can someone please inform me what the $900.00, bowlers have to fork out to make Rachuig pays for?

I noticed N.S.W only have to pay approx $500.00

Alan Notman

Lucky you only $900 - we have been told to expect up to $1400 each.

Covers lineage, airfares, 1 weeks accommodation, Allevents entry, carhire, uniforms, most meals etc. etc. etc. and thats for DeVeer. At least Rachuig have a chance at getting some money back. We don't. Our reward is just the love of the sport and the comraderie of teammates and the chance of winning medals.

I'm sure your manager will be able to give you an estimated breakdown of expenses if you ask.

Hi Noddy,

Last year our fees went to the following

Accomodation
Lunch & Drinks at the bowl, during Rachuig
Uniform - 2 Shirts, 1 Jacket, 1 Practice Shirt
Linage During Rachuig
All events Linage (extra goes at singles, doubles, teams, masters, at your own expense)
Team Photo's

And l am sure a couple of other things, but cant remember. Can anyone else from the team help out here, or one of the committee please.

And Noddy, dont forget this is only an estimate. It may be higher, or lower. Last years forms l think had the same figures, but came at a lower figure.

last year , our team paid 2 x $300 installments as we do again this year , that helps to cover the deposits for airfares, accomodation , uniforms , bus hire , petrol etc etc. we also fundraise for the team and individually our fundraising would cover lineage , help with uniforms , food etc etc.

Last year we did not pay a cent for food the entire time we were away , all dinners , breakfasts and lunches were covered , the only thing we had t pay out for was our own food and drink for the cabins like nibbles and drinks etc and our spending money. $600 we pay comes off our final bill last year i believe most final bills were arond $600 , making the cost for everyhthing other than spending around $1200 for the trip away to Sydney.

Depending on how airfares go , I maybe estimate maybe 150 more for hobart , so maybe around 1350 all up.

Pretty reasonable i think when I was going to pay over 1500 just in airfares to go to perth for my brother in laws wedding ( that was 2 adults and 2 kids) not with accomodation.................... I don't mind paying the money for bowling trips , after last year as it was stated on our dvd ( team sa 2005)

cost of trip $2000 , dinner dress/suit $100 memories PRICELESS and they were! watching our dvd we made last year it really was priceless and funny aswell.

heres hoping to ssee some of you back again in Hobart. :eek:)

I thought it was pretty reasonable !

Hi Alan,
The $900 would be used for accom. uniforms,linage,ticket to dinner dance, lunches for rachuig days and maybe dinner aswell, depending on costs.
We would have to fund our own transport to tassie though...i think. It was the same last year so im just basing it on last year. I would think if NSW are only paying $500 then they either have some fundraising organised or the state association may have some dollars they are using to sudsidise the cost.
Last year we were able to reduce the final cost to about $740 by changing accom. and a couple of other things....and the state assoc. organised chocolates we could sell for fundraising...so the final figure came down quite a bit if you included doing some fundraising by selling the chocs.
Hope that helps a bit dude.

Trotts

$800 goes towards Trots appearance fee, you don't think those good looks come cheap?

As Greg Matthews says..... yeah yeah

Hey Trotts,

our trip this year should be a nice fun Boat Ride - great bonding session for the team.

We could also look at a fundraising event this year to help lower the costs maybe.

Soemthing for the this years team to decide once roll offs end.

Only a couple of weeks to go before the first trial

WDV last year was $900 we didn't change accomadation:eek:

Gary........................................:cool:

As the others have stated, uniforms, accomadation, lineage, meals, drinks, etc, but you will get a break down of the costs, from the Teams managers. When I first made a WDV team, it was mandatory at the first week end of trials, for all attendees to take a raffle book home and sell the book of 50 tickets @ $2 a ticket, (for a chance to win a digital camera in 2002, and a palm held computer with blue tooth in 2003) this enabled bowlers to broaden their area and chances of selling, to MORE ppl than just bowlers, and it was not just "yet another" chocolate drive. When you made the team, the tickets that you sold, then came directly off of your costs, hence the more tickets you sold, the less you had to pay. I found that out the 2nd year, and was able to pay for all my costs, less the airfare, so I was able to raise over $700 towards the $1500 involved in going to Townsville in 2003. In 2002 as well, we had just amongst the actual WDV team, that we all donated a prize, and we had a huge raffle that was drawn at the uniform presentation night, with door prizes as well, so in 2002, we had EVERYTHING paid for, AND got a refund. We took a cruise trip as a team, around Syney Harbour, all paid for, and all our meals outside of the actual WDV were covered as well. So, if the team gets their heads together, and organizes, it can be very inexpensive. The reason that costs vary as well, depends on the state, where they are travelling from and to, what accomadation costs are for the area, etc.

Back
Top Bottom