2009 ACT PJIS Team Trials

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
For those potentially going to trial for the 2009 ACT 'Shield team, a form is on the way.

The expected dates are 29th/30th of November, in Tuggeranong then Belconnen in the morning, cost around $50 nomination + $80 trials lineage.

We are working to get information finalised as soon as possible, watch this space...

The form for the 2009 ACT Presidents Junior Interstate Shield team is hereby attached.

Official accreditation number is pending.

Attachments

• 2009 PJIS Nomination Form A.doc
    97.5 KB · Views: 16
Okay, Jeff needs a better document management system. All this saving backwards versions has muddled me up.

The form attached above had INCORRECT DATES on it.

The correct dates should be the following weekend, 29th and 30th. Corrected form attached!

Attachments

• 2009 PJIS Nomination Form B.doc
    97 KB · Views: 25
I'm going to assume that's what that voicemail last night was about?

You should know by now that I'm hard to reach on Sunday...

The above form with the correct dates has been accredited under A08/0274

Please note nominations close November 26th.

Nominations close in a week!
And that's last mail, not postmarked... The nomination will be finalised on Thursday.

For those of you who would like to hand them in person, you can find myself on Monday and Tuesday nights in Tuggeranong (Tuesday only until 1930), I *think* Cheryl and Lance bowl Tuesday night in Belconnen. Alternatively Mike and Drew are also around the bowl a bit, but aside from Mondays and Tuesdays I don't know when.

Just a word to the wise for the throngs of admirers out there just itching to come down and watch the trials, it's not looking likely that we'll have one...

Unless there's a big last minute rush, there's insufficient numbers

Hey Jefferson,
I still believe that the ACT trials should still go ahead for several reasons.

1. We should still be given the oppurtunity to roll off. Weather we have the numbers or not.. There are still ten bowlers that would like to know where they place in the team.

2. Younger ones who have not previously rolled off should be given the experience of trying out - even if they will make it. They need to get a taste of how things work when representing the state.. And if they have never bolwed shield at all, isn't it a good idea to start by bowling against their fellow team members in a friendly environment?

3. Newer bowlers, who do not know any of the members very well can start "bonding" with others so when camp comes around, no one is caught off guard. They should be given the oppurtunity to meet the people they will be living with for 10 days. You don't want them to feel like they are stuck with a bunch of strangers do you?

4. It is also a good chance for the more experienced bowlers to find out how their team will perform so that they can help set up the lineups for the actual tournament. Yes they can do this by future training sessions, but it would be best to find out how they perform during a "tournament like" format.

I'm sure many people would agree with me that its unfair that we can't roll off, jsut because of slight insufficiency with numbers.

Thats just my opinion anyway.. I'm sure there are others that would agree with me.

Cheers,
Chloee

Whilst all of those points are reasonable, they all boil down to bowling together. That's what training sessions and team bonding are for. In the days of ol', we used to enter the team into a NSW event which occurred at NSW States where all of those wonderful points are wonderfully addressed.

Unfortunately the timing doesn't work for that any more.

In any case Chloe, your opinion is duly noted. If trials are held, you will be welcome to bowl even if the girls do not need to (the Rachuig women actually did that this year as well)

You have illustrated a sad point as well, in that in such a tiny zone with only two centres, it's sad that the mere 10 bowlers who are interested don't already know each other reasonably well. Certainly in my day, when we had twice the number of centres in operation, the top 10 juniors were all well known to each other.

In any case, you will be advised tomorrow night one way or the other.

Oh, and your first mistake is calling me Jefferson ;)

Hey Jeff it's Kyle, snuck on to dads account ;)

Chloe's points all seem valid, although I do understand your reasoning as to why there is no need to have a roll off. I'm sure we have all bowled in a competitive environment before, but there is no better way to prepare for bowling 10 days with a team than....well....bowling with them.

Whilst all of those points are reasonable, they all boil down to bowling together. That's what training sessions and team bonding are for.

If the trials don't commence this weekend, would it be possible to have a compulsary training session instead? Same amount of games/format/whatever. We know who is going to be in the team (unless another entry has magically appeared in the mailbox :p) and we already have the lanes booked at both centres, not to mention that parents and kids have already devoted their time this weekend to attending roll offs. During the school holidays both centres are going to be packed full of social bowlers, so why not utilise the opportunity to have a proper team "bonding" session while we can?

Perhaps this could solve both problems. I myself would like to get know some of the newer members of the team better, and I'm sure that Chloe does too. I remember my first year of shield when I didn't know anyone, it was daunting. So maybe this could help out some of the younger kids.

Cheers Jefferson :p

There will certainly be some compulsory sessions organised sooner rather than later, however there's no way we have the management together to do something official already.

Patience, grasshoppers

Hey Jeff

Is there any news on the managers because it would be good to see if we can get all the act bowlers to particpate in the NSW junior championships I know this is a very good bonding session as I bowled in it for the three years I was apart of the team one as a reserve. Entry form is out already and it would be good to see if everyone could at least have a go I dont know wether they still have the state challenge and if ACT is envoled in that.

The NSW Junior Championship does include a Challenge Shield with some changes: 4 bowlers per team, two divisions. NNSW and SNSW have 2 boys and 2 girls teams each and the Secretaries are responsible to make up the other teams (total 8 boys, 8girls teams)

I have had enquiry from ACT bowlers and welcome any interest to be part of the event.

Leanne Triulcio
Secretary SNSW Juniors

Back
Top Bottom