2002 Womens Adelaide Cup

Graham

Staff member
When : Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th March 2002

Where : Norwood Bowl, 11 Osmond Terrace NORWOOD SA 5067

Format : 14 games qualifying, Top 16 bowl 15 games matchplay

Download Entry Form now for prizefund and more details :CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM

Enter and pay your entry in full by
8th February 2002
For your chance to win your entry fee back in full*!

*Each fully paid entry received by 5pm, Friday 8th February will be entered into a draw to receive a full refund of $150 – Bowl this tournament for free!

Hi all

With the announcement that the 2002 FIQ Roll offs will be incorporated into the Women's Adelaide Cup there will be a format change from what has been previously advertised.

Once it's confirmed I will post on this site to let you know. One thing for sure, qualifying will be over 3 blocks of 6 games with wash and oil between each block.

The lanes will be done with a Kegel Machine and TBA are arranging the person to actually do the lanes.

Shall keep you posted.

Regards

Jo

As with the Mens Selection Trials being run in conjunction with the Australian Open, i feel the TBA has done the right thing by the bowlers by not forcing them to make another trip interstate on another weekend (as there are precious few available anyway) in order to roll off for the team.

If roll offs are to become the selection method of choice of the TBA, then this is by far the best compromise. Congrats TBA!

Hi all

The following is the format for the 2002 MAYLANDS HOTEL WOMEN'S ADELAIDE CUP incorporating the 2002 LADIES FIQ TEAM ROLL OFF.

Due to the FIQ Roll off the previously advertised format for the Adelaide Cup has had to be revised. The Prize Fund has been maintained as advertised previously.

We would also like to welcome our new tournament sponsor Maylands Hotel along with AMF who have contributed towards this tournament. Thanks!

SATURDAY 9th March
(Qualifying - 3 blocks of 6 games)

9:30am Check in
10:00 am 6 games

Lanes Washed and Oiled

1:00pm 6 games

SUNDAY 10th March
9:00am 6 games

(lanes dragged, oiled etc to be confirmed)

12:00 Top 16 bowlers Checkin

12:15pm Top 16 play 10 games 'shoot out'

(Qualifying pinfall is dropped. Highest pinfall at completion of 10 games will be declared 2002 Cup Champion.)

2:15pm End of play

2:45pm Presentation at Maylands Hotel, less than 10 minutes from Norwood Bowl.

Entry Fee is $175

MAXIMUM OF 48 ENTRIES. Call Norwood Bowl to place your entry (08) 8362 4568

National Rankings points apply to this tournament.

If you place your entry and pay in full by 5pm on Friday 8th February you will be entered into a draw to receive a full refund of $175 therefore you can bowl this tournament for free!!! (There will be one prize only, first name drawn.)

Tournament inquiries can be made to myself at [email protected] or by mobile 0409 287 574

Official Entry forms will be out soon, if you would like one mailed directly to you please send me an email with your name and address and also how many entry forms you would like (if you can place some in centres or pass around that would be helpful!)

I am also in the process of trying to locate some accommodation information, as soon as I have it I will post to this forum for your information.

Hope to see you in Adelaide

Regards

Jo

Jo,
Just a question as to the format for he ladies? Why do you drop pins after qualifying AND only bowl 10 of your 15 opponents?
Why not just draw names out of a hat! It seems to me that you're trying to penalize the best bowlers and give someone a chance to win the tournament who might not really deserve to win. Please understand Jo, this is only constuctive criticism. Not a personal attack.

Wayne

Wayne,
I believe that the format for the final is 10 games total pinfall.
Because there is 18 games qualifying due to the Aust team rolloff I think the idea was to have a shorter final so the ladies would not play more than 28 games in the weekend. Not a bad idea. Nothing wrong with a 10 game total pinfall final, which I believe the bowlers will be changing lanes after every game.
Andrew

Due to the 18 game qualifying criteria there is considerable time constraints to get through a tournament in two days.

Ideally we would like to have kept the original format of 15 games matchplay however time is just not on our side to complete that many games in two days.

The original format is to drop pinfall after qualifying so therefore we decided to keep it that way, unfortunately we had to cut back on the number of games for top 16. We could have cut to 12 and played 11 head to head but I wanted to keep the cut at 16 to give more girls a chance at cutting (not many tournaments left for us girls that cut to 16 these days).

It is a great opportunity to have the Roll Off as part of our tournament so we were more than willing to assist TBA in making this work to their criteria as well as trying to keep the Cup Alive also!

Hope this helps your query.

Jo

Just one question -

Why not Pinfall Carry & Cut to top 12 and bowl Round Robin ?

ONLY One extra game whats that 12-15minutes?

Like Wayne said you want your best bowler over the entire event not just the Sunday afternoon 10game no HtH

Good Luck to all that enter hope its s good start to the New Year

this tournament has traditionally dropped pinfall after qual, it has been this way for many years.

Hi Jo

With pinfall being dropped after the qualifying, are the 3 bowlers selected in the Aust ladies team then going to be selected just on the ten game final?

Lou

Hi all

Firstly Lou, the FIQ roll off (top 3) is only over the 18 games of qualifying. It is also a points system rather than pinfall. Each set of 6 games accumulates for the Adelaide Cup Qualifying however for the FIQ each set of 6 games starts at scratch and you gain points depending on your placing for each set of 6 games. Make sense? Maybe Frawls can detail the FIQ side of things?

Secondly Scoops, we wanted to maintain the cut to 16 as all other women's cuts have been dropped back to 12 or 10, this gives 16 women the opportunity to cut in a tournament.

Thirdly, drop pinfall is a long standing part of the tournament, something which the Centre Manager likes and it's his event so that is what he has asked for.

Hope this helps with the queries.

Entries are starting to roll in so be quick as it's limited to first 48 entries received.

Thanks

Jo

Back
Top Bottom