17 in the USA, whens the first one here?

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Were talking about 900's here, or has the game become too 'honest' out this way? Hmmm im thinking the lanes up this way are 2 'honest' too

Have they retro-sanctioned Glenn Alison's 900 yet? After all, doing it with a Yellow Dot makes it special.

They haven't Jason and it's always a sore talking point with the 'older' community in the bowling fraternity.

Adrian, having bowled on numerous 'house' shots in the US I can tell you I'm yet to see the 'super carry' in Australia. The main difference between their house shots and ours is that they tend to have a lot more volume in the middle which means your ball will retain more energy down the backend of the lane, which means more hitting power.

Their kickbacks and gutters are crazy too, like you could sneeze and the pins fall over. Usually what happens when you line the kickbacks and underneath the gutters with solid steel.

Our 'THS' patterns tend to be a bit drier, especially in Queensland. I think one day it will happen, not in the near future though.

PS Put me in charge of the oiling machine,kickbacks and gutters and I'll get us there a whole lot quicker!

Mmm goin lefty now so give it a year!!!:D

ps
Allie Brandt's 886 Was the reason for Ray Orf's 890 and Allisons 900 getting knocked back!! Kept those 'old boys' happy down there for a few years!!

They haven't Jason and it's always a sore talking point with the 'older' community in the bowling fraternity.

Adrian, having bowled on numerous 'house' shots in the US I can tell you I'm yet to see the 'super carry' in Australia. The main difference between their house shots and ours is that they tend to have a lot more volume in the middle which means your ball will retain more energy down the backend of the lane, which means more hitting power.

Their kickbacks and gutters are crazy too, like you could sneeze and the pins fall over. Usually what happens when you line the kickbacks and underneath the gutters with solid steel.

Our 'THS' patterns tend to be a bit drier, especially in Queensland. I think one day it will happen, not in the near future though.

PS Put me in charge of the oiling machine,kickbacks and gutters and I'll get us there a whole lot quicker!

No, No, No!!! PLEASE keep away from the oiling machines, George, and the closest I want to see you to the flat gutters and kickbacks, is THE FOUL LINE.

George - please - seriously, we don't want the morning ladies leagues averaging 280 or 290.

Try to be a good boy, George.

Baz,
just read that artical you left the link for.
It's a long, long read, but I recommend everyone read it!
To-day's conditions and equipment - comparatively - What can be said, that would be adequate?

Hey George this reminds me of of a certain night at Logan, didnt find out what happened for a couple days though(there was a leak somewhere, and some stuff escaped on the lane!) Anyway what happened was a had a brilliant shot up up 10 all night(thanks to the equivilent of dirty dishwater inside 10!!) Anyway i shot 822!! Was that the 'super friction' youd been telling us about?

ps
Rest of the Leauge was going bat**** by the way 'Theres no backend!!!":)

If I owned a centre it would be the high scoring in the country, I promise you that! It wouldn't be what I'd put down in tournaments however the league shot would be a carryfest to say the least!

If I owned a centre it would be the high scoring in the country, I promise you that! It wouldn't be what I'd put down in tournaments however the league shot would be a carryfest to say the least!

Great way to boost peoples confidence in their own ability only for it to fall down and them be disappointed the first time they bowl in a tourney.

Great way to boost peoples confidence in their own ability only for it to fall down and them be disappointed the first time they bowl in a tourney.

Its about education, something I'd provide free to all my bowlers in the centre. They would have a chance to practise on the pattern, be given notes on how it plays and how it breaks down. I'll even help them with ball selection.

It's what we are currently lacking in this country, as a proprietor I'd offer it as a free service.

ARRRGGGGGHHHHH. !!!! George, you can't fool me. I know when you're joking, don't I ??

Please tell me I'm right? Please?

Back
Top Bottom