World Air Hockey Championships

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
You may have missed it on Fox Sports or Bris31, but the World Air Hockey Championship Final was played at Milton Bowl on Saturday Afternoon.

With a huge crowd of 9 people watching, The Masked Toolman beat defending champion Daniel 'Speedbump - Bundy Bear - Bench' Simpson 7-0 in a classic encounter.

The Toolman found a weakness in Simpson forehand, which he exploited late in the game for 3 goals, while another came down the left while Simpson was trying to cover the inadequacies of his right hand side.

A comprehensive victory had most of the crown singing their approval as Simpson could not unravel the mysteries of the Toolman's defence.His frustration grew, as on three occasions, Simpson believed he had scored, only for the referee to rule him offside.

7-0 Bundy ..... 7-0.

I was one of the lucky nine that got to see The Masked Toolman comprehensively annihilate the (now) Benched Bundy Bear and sent :turn-l: with the complete exploitation of the Bear's tragic forehand, leaving him with :splat:

Hope there is a rematch sometime soon, I'm sure the Bear will :-k long and hard before the next World Air Hockey Championships (WAHCing) commences!

Hopefully Illawarra Strikezone has a Air Hockey Table during De Veer eh!

Bundy Bench called ...

He stated it was an epic battle, and the score didn't reflect the closeness of the battle.

I told him that epics last longer than 108 seconds.

I think he was a bit upset ... I might have to play him left handed in Illawarra.

He'll be too busy to play you in Illawarra. He has a packed social calendar and 2 new mobile phones to run in.

When i saw this post i thought "is this another one of those things our wack version of ESPN puts on instead of the protour" Oh well, i guess Timbersports and Bassmasters are still filling that role!

Hey Marto

I reckon you'll have to put myself in the top 5 of the World Air Hockey rankings. Bundy Bear will have to slip to 6th!

adrians are you talking about the stihl timbersports? there's nothing wrong with that, that is actually something good to watch compared to alot of the shit on espn. i do realise i work for the company but chainsaws really dont interest me that much but some of the things these guys do are pretty good

Spanner I have to tell you that Simpson is making public statements regarding your ability at this sport. Words like pathetic, amateur, novice, no-hoper, all these were spoken in front of witnesses.
Also said something about sitting on you. Not quite sure what he meant but it didnt sound real good.
I am only telling you this because you are his Manager in Illawarra and I know you like to impose strict discipline on all team members.

Andrew S. said:
Spanner I have to tell you that Simpson is making public statements regarding your ability at this sport. Words like pathetic, amateur, novice, no-hoper, all these were spoken in front of witnesses.
Also said something about sitting on you. Not quite sure what he meant but it didnt sound real good.
I am only telling you this because you are his Manager in Illawarra and I know you like to impose strict discipline on all team members.

Andrew ...

Can you tell 'Bench' that the guys would like him to buy himself a new towel for the Nationals so he can make himself useful and polish their spare balls while he's sitting there? And some new shoe cleaner too ...

I think Ted the Ambo would give him a hiding.

I hadn't played Air Hockey for at least three years before the challenge came from Simpson, and I gave him a 7-0 hiding. 7-0. I believe Graeme Lerner even has photographic proof.

So if I'm hopeless, novice like and pathetic, what does that make him?

He'll be lucky to get a rematch at Illawarra.

let me guess....japense excell in this sport aswell? first they take hot dog eating contests and then table tennis

Allllright :cool:

I would like to take the time to say "Well done" to Spanner for the beating handed out at Milton, but next time (REMATCH) will be a different result. I don't know where Andrew got those words from as I wouldn't bag anyone behind their back, I would do it in front of you. ;) :) :cool:

I hope that an air hockey table is at the bowl, if not I'm positive we can find one not that far away. :D

Signing out for now,
The "Benched Bear"

I'm not bowling walter de veer or rachuig but i'm there for that nationals i would like a go to i'm from vic so lets see who is better Vic Vs Qld Sth if thats alright with u..
Chris

Daniel Simpson said:
I would like to take the time to say "Well done" to Spanner for the beating handed out at Milton, but next time (REMATCH) will be a different result. I don't know where Andrew got those words from as I wouldn't bag anyone behind their back, I would do it in front of you. ;) :) :cool:
I hope that an air hockey table is at the bowl, if not I'm positive we can find one not that far away. :D
Signing out for now,
The "Benched Bear"

Yes .. the result was different. The Masked Toolman won the Australian Air Hockey championships from "The Benched Bear" 7-5. The Bear had obviously been practicing ... but choked on a 4-3 lead like Ozzie Thompson choked on his hot dog.

When is the next round Bundy?

Spanner, Smartie, Marto.

Let me know when you are willing and able for the next match. Ozzie has slipped down the rankings after I beat him to go back to the No. 1 contender.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "no-longer" benched bear.
:D :cool: :2gunfire: :drinking:

Haha. Yeah... I shouldn't have that record number of drinks the night before I reckon:rolleyes: . The puck looked as big as a 10c piece, also was the table moving or was that just my head :p

Well done Toolman for winning the championships... again. You managed it with only 2 people watching this time!

Michael Thompson
Teddy Bear
Ozzie
3 Drink
Cadbury
Cheap Date
Thommo
RTV (Road Trip Virgin)
DVV (De Veer Virgin)

To settle this once and for all, I will have to go to Chermy on league night and take Ozzie on - while not suffering the effects of a drink or two- Ha Ha.

Daniel "Speedbump" Simpson.

Back
Top Bottom