whose using what

SCOOPS

GUINNESS SWILLUS
Just curious to hear what equipment is being battered around the bowls of Australia.

There seems to be a lot of great balls out at the moment and alot of reproduced gear

Just curious thats all

Mostly here people using Money, Messenger, Arc, Adrehnelin(?), Response, Recovery, XF, HEX TREME.

Scoops

I bowled a 300 with my MONEY last week in Newcastle and it really is a great ball, the only draw back is great balls like the VOODOO, MONEY, and HEX TREME don't arrive in Australia for another 3 weeks.

The HEX is doing very well and packs alot of punch for a mid price range ball. I have no doubts the VOODOO and HEXTREME will do the same when they arrive. The MONEY is a definite oil ball which might not generate alot of sales in QLD
icon_biggrin.gif

Storm appears to be making a decent show in Australia, the Response and ER Fatal look impressive, but which ball doesn't in tim's hand?

From what I can remember, here are the balls that people used to win the last few tournaments I bowled.

SA Cup - Paul Trotter - Pearl Ti Boss
Southgate - Shaun Cummings - Heat 2 pearl / EMB XF
Rosemount Cup - Frawls - Storm Recovery
Mayfield - Brandon Qual - Beast

Definetly a variety but overall I think Track and Storm are starting to take alot of business off Columbia and Brunswick who haven't come out with a decent ball in Australia for a while. A lot more Track and Storm balls now floating around, and growing bigger by the day.

When you coming back scoops?

Well at Moonah, the older stuff usually dominates. Older balls like Nitro/R2's, Blue and Grey Wolfs, and even urethane (classic example of a gloss polished Black Rhino being used last night by a lefty). A few guys that are "hand impaired" can use stronger stuff, but it is not really needed, and still needs to be polished, unless you can wing that baby 60km/h!

Up North, where they actually know what oil is, you see the heavy load particle, and strong reactives being used. Maybe someone from Launceston, Burnie and Devonport can shed some light on the stuff being used up there.

Not many people mention Ebonite these days.

However, a couple of their balls that have been released lately I find as quite useful.

Ebonite Predator is an aggressive ball, and nice on fresh oil. Quite a few Victorian youths are investing in this ball.

Ebonite Matrix Dynasty is the most readable ball I have ever had the pleasure of throwing on a bowling lane. Available on the next AMF shipment.

Dont count out ebonite, they are always there, just not many profile bowlers using them (other than Cara of course).

About the best 2 in my bag would be The Pearl Elite(welcome back!) and Pearl Bolt, throw in a Blue Omega(that hooks too damn much, give me oil!), 'tude1 and a Tidal Wave and that should see me through the AO very nicely

At the moment Im using AMF balls, never owned one before and im most impressed with it. I have an Angle Evolution Extra, great on oil, and a Firehawk. My Brother also has a Firehawk and he has cut every tournament he has bowled in so far with it. Not to bad for a $150 ball. I wouldn't mind hearing if anyone has a Angle Evoltuion Tour or seen one as to how they are.

You prob dun care bout what i use but n e ways
the two main balls i use are a Battle Zone Cannon
and an Olympic Striker for my spares but i also have a Target Zone and a Quantum.
Getting a Red dot soon to replace my striker
icon_biggrin.gif

cheers luv shellby
xoxoxoxo
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

Can you believe, I am still using my old AMF Angle???? I won the ball, bowled with it, gave up bowling for over 5 years and went back to it but had the ball re-drilled to conventional, couldn't handle fingertip - LOL. Doesn't matter, I enjoy the sport and consider my league each week my two and half hours of diversion from reality. Life just wouldn't be the same in bowling if I changed from my Angle now, after all, it is almost an antique like its owner!!!!

Heather S
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Heather which colour angle and I bet ur no orphan, I'm sure theres alot out there still using the only decent ball AMF ever produced

George I drilled a Money last week and the New Messeenger,
Wow the Money is awesome as I knew it would be having seen alot of guys using it and so is the Messenger.

For the time being I havent really been able to use the Money cant find enough oil with it When i punched it out was playing 5th arow and still almost rolling out, but the messenger wow get some lenght and cetratinly knows when to recover

I disagree about the Columbia balls with you hough. Wasnt the Rock series the biggest seller y daylights last year and half, now with the Reaction series ARC looks fantastic and all accounts the REV sounds ok too.

Track have brought out some great balls, i looked at the VOODOO little disappointed though i oredered one from the states and hasnt arrived yet the proshop ahs them now so i will wait. already drilled 2 last week in no hurry now considering only a few months back drilled ROLL, EMB-XF & RIP

Recovery and Response look like real oil munchers too, good for guys with little on the ball and/or looking for early reaction

When will I be home?

Million dollar question?

Maybe travelling around in May and by that stage should know whether i am here for another day, year or decade, hopefully the latter

Great people, pretty good environment and good tourneys..lol

Beer TTO expensive only draw card home and of course DETERM & FUBAR

Scoops, it is a black Angle I use. I think it is about 12 and half pounds. I do have a brand new ball here, don't ask me what it is except it is blue - LOL. Haven't gotten round to getting it drilled as yet, finding time and also I keep forgetting I have it sitting in my spare room. Got a good deal with it, but that was about a year ago, just me being complacent as always, and will get round to having the thing drilled when I remember. You sure can tell I aint no bowler, but I care not, I just enjoy my weekly "chuck" down the lane and if I happen to score well then I am pleased, if I don't then I really don't give a toss I just bowl cos I love the sport.

Good topic though, interesting reading about all this equipment I've never heard of, I wouldn't even know what make balls my kids bowl with. But having said that, if I were younger I probably might be more competetive, but for now, I just enjoy my thing, enjoy watching the good bowlers and have a good appreciation of the sport. Don't tell me to change my balls, happy with what I have got, as changing means money, and I have beter things to do with my money at my age - LOL.

Heather S
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

All i use is a MR Attack Zone and a Colombia White Dot, no matter where i go

I agree 100% HEATHER

We all stay bowling for many reasons but we all started for the same reason and that was for fun.

Its simply the best game around or else none of us would have spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on it over the years.

So with ur Black Angle if you get what you want then "Don't fix what isnt broken" lol

What gets me is how many balls that come out and every year theres a so-called "new manufacturer" on the block.

Its also hard to keep up with whose buying who and who makes for who..........

Personally I still believe in
"it's the Dill behind the pill"
Some guys when they are on song they could use a brick almost and get results and others who havent put in the whole nine yards could have all the fruit and still not pass GO

It appears that this topic is being used to broadcast publicity for a variety of ball brands. OK, that's fine - allow me to add Brunswick's contribution too.

George you might want to take some notes, as a self endorsed expert in the field of ball technology I'm surprised that you failed to note in your diatribe on this subject that Brunswick has released a complete and comprehensive range of Fuze proactive and reactive balls in the first month of the year. These balls are readily available by simply contacting your nearest Pro Shop who in turn can easily obtain product immediately [should they not already have stock] from extensive inventory held by our Australian and New Zealand distributor Heritage Bay.

George - because you don't know about [or deem it necessary to note] this point of fact doesn't diminish it's accuracy in any manner or form.

Finally - and for everyone's general information - Brunswick has determined that we will limit new ball releases to a bi-annual basis. This is to help slow the mass of product that comes onto the global market each [recent] year [from all manufacturers] that has had a significant and negative impact on avid bowlers bank balances and Pro Shop inventories.

Steve Jones
BRUNSWICK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

Nice to hear from Mr. Jones

Brunswick equipment has improved over last year and and half

I drilled up a Blue Fuze late last year first up won the Natioal Day event with it then sat in the bag until i went to Qatar the other week and basically used it all week there.

Plenty of Guys are using the Red Pearl Fuze over here with good success.

Seen only Two guys using the ScreamR and looks to have plenty on it, shame one was a lefty.......... sorry George

Hows Sunny Perth treating Sue and yourself?

Wont be many crabs about at the moment? However plenty of good Sunday sessions down at the "PEN". not that I would know

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Steve

I didn't mean no offence to Brunswick or Columbia but in my travels I was just commenting on the balls that are finishing in the places in all the tournaments I have bowled in Australia.

I am very familar with the FUZE range as the pro shop where I worked was a Brunswick PRO Source member and during the Eliminator last year they had the first release of the Navy and Purple Fuzes. I even got the chance to bowl with a Nazy Fuze during the Brunswick shoot out. We must have drilled hundreds a day! I spoke to the guy at Brunswick who developed them and foudn him a very knowledgable person.

Whilst the Navy didn't work for me, I have seen good reviews on the Red Fuze and the Scream R which to my knowledge haven't landed on our shores.

Keep up the good work!

George

Im currently using Storm....Erase It which has done me very well, the hitting power and the backend reaction is 2nd to none......but i will be using a new Trauma Er at Ao....should be interetsing to say the least

Take Care
icon_smile.gif

HI SCOOPS!! A QUESTION FROM AN OLD FRIEND,WITH ALL THIS NEW EQUIPMENT FLOODING THE MARKET HAS ANY BODY COME ACROSS ANYTHING THAT SEEMS TO SUIT MID TO HI REVS AND MID TO HI SPEED EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE TRIED OR SEEN NEEDS NO REVS AND MID TO SLOW SPEED. ONE OF THE BEST BALLS IN MY BAG IS STILL AND OLD BLACK U-DOT, WHICH NOW SEEMS TO SUIT CONDITIONS BETTER NOW THAN IT DID 6-8 YEARS AGO WHEN I LAST USED ONE? BUT ENTERING A EVENT WITH THIS YOU NOW SEEM TO BE GIVING EVERYBODY 10-15 PINS START FROM THE FALSE CARRY OF THE NEW EQUIPMENT. I HAVE DRILLED A STORM TOUR POWER WHICH DOES SEEM TO BAD BUT ARE ANY OTHER THOUGHTS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DRILL 3 OF THESE BALLS THREE DIFFERENT WAYS IS THE BEST SOLUTION. ANY ADVISE WOULD APPRECIATED!!!

Hi Drewy,its good to see you back on the bowling scene,and searching for improvement.
Last time I bowled with/against you was on the televised Gold pin Coke classic..the year it was a trio,s event.
As i read your post,your statement about "seeming to give away 10-15 pins" to the new gear,made me sit back.
Fubar Al can tell you about the gear,but id like to just give you something to ponder about.
Its not re inventing the wheel stuff,but just backtracking about what you already know.
Through my observations,i know that there are a handfull of bowlers that throw a type of shot where equipment really has only a minute bearing.
There is one in WA..John Morss..he buys lots of the latest gear,throws a bomb,but he makes each ball do the same thing.(Not in his eyes/mind)
Few would argue that he doesnt have one of the best swings in the game.This strength is technical..and equipment related.
You are another such type..except your natural technical strength comes from your roll and speed.Im not in the least surprised that you are competitive with the black u dot.
The other 99% of bowlers have much more reliance on equipment.The trick is to realise that what they are all talking about..ie tripping 10 pins,better carry blah blah blah,doesnt really apply.
If you bowl a 500 block.then a 350..,and someone with new gear bowls 450--450..its not about carry.
Guess what im saying is that if you are entering t,ments with 10--15 pins negative thoughts,remind yourself (and your black u dot)that it doesnt apply to you.
Like THEY say.200 avg..its 10% physical..90% mental.
Yours/Morss is 1% physical..99% mental.
Just do it.

icon_smile.gif

The Doc has entered the Room - nice to hear from you Drewy.

I couldnt agree more with Bin Legend Bin Kury

Your natural game is one of the best of all time, not like sideway stepping plonker like me ..... lol

I reckon most Perth people will never forget the 800series you shot in the 1989 Perth Cup step ladder final eventually losing to Bridges but it was a display of sheer brilliance that 99% of Perthites had never seen before. (Wine Udot from memory)

I am hving your dilemma at the moment, the next 2 weeks we are playing in a 6-lane club house, with the airconditioning battling to blow out a candle and the Arab temperature and atmosphere is rising rapidly they have put down a dbl run to 32ft.

I havent bowled the first few days just going in and watching trying to figure out what i need to be able to be competitive with the rest. In short I searched the country for anything urethane with no success, the only thing i could find is now being plugged and its an ole Pro Hook - Pin directly to the left sid of my Mid Fingerand Cg out towards my track.

Personally the best thing I have drilled lately giving me length.

Blue Fuze - Pin directly under middle finger with CG directly under that, has about 1/2 finger and 1/2 negative, seems to do ok

Also I drilled a Classic Rock Pin on Axis with pin on top (was aN EXTREME PIN IN)

For the high hitters over here one guy was using a label weighted Reaper which looks a little iffy on anytihng else but super dry heads then it looks ok

i agree with wat someone suggested even if you drill 2 of the same pills up completely differently theres a good chance finding something that way.

Finding the right pill is like PINNING THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY

GOOD LUCK

EMAIL ME and let us know what else your using

Back
Top Bottom