when should a pin be respotted?

Rikki

you talk, ill bowl!!!
Last night in league a member of the team i was playing against had a wobbly pin that go a tap from a pin rolling on the deck, as the wobbly pin was falling the pin spotter touched the pin, the auto score put up a strike and the bowler was happy but i said thats not a strike as the pin spotter hit the pin.

We are lucky to have a video replay of the shot, as the reply is not in real time it was not easily visable on the video that the machine had touched the pin.

Amazingly i was the only one that saw it happen so the shot was given as a strike. (not happy).

At what stage should a pin be respotted? or what about a situation when someone sees a pin missing and calls to rebowl?

Do we have to have proof or is a persons word good enough?

If the pin spotter hits the pin, a re-spot should be called.

If a pin is missing from the deck, if I recall correctly, you have until the ball hits the pins for someone to call it out.

If the pin spotter hits the pin, a re-spot should be called.

If a pin is missing from the deck, if I recall correctly, you have until the ball hits the pins for someone to call it out.

TBA Rules:

RULE 110 DEAD BALL
1. A ball will be declared dead if any of the following occur:
a. After a delivery (and before the next delivery on the same lane), attention is immediately called to the
fact that one or more pins were missing from the setup.

As for the OP, the pin should have been respotted. It shouldn't need video evidence or proof, otherwise 99% of these cases in leagues and tournaments would never be called. If you saw it and called attention to it it should be enough. I'd hate to think basic sportsmanship and trust is no longer part of the sport.

Back
Top Bottom