Other What is everyone's opinion on Legend Bolwing Balls?

J

jos

Hay guys, just wanting your honest opinions about legend bowling balls; would you buy one, yes or no and why? Ta

I have a world class and its not what its cracked up to be, neither are black pearls. STORM ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! :D

Hey Jos,
I've got the World Class, The Buzz, Terminator and had a Straight Flush. Had no problems with the gear at all with durability and hitting power.

Really like the WC as found it quite adaptable. Clean thru the heads, reads the midlane well and good backend reaction( Medium). The Buzz is a popular ball in the States. I find it to be one dimensional. Great for length but needs a backend.( Fresh conditions best)
The Terminator doesn't live up to the promo on their website but is still a good ball. Goes a bit longer than expected but does roll strongly to the pocket.(Medium-Heavy). The Straight Flush is a dry lane ball. Doesn't like patchy conditions. Hits very well. ( Dry)

If you need more info visit their website or speak to Dino at Ipswich Bowl as he's the Australian Distributor from them.

hamster

Hi Jos, I’ve tried several balls, and managed to keep 3 that I like.

The Black Pearl, So far found it really good on synthetics, revs up nicely and rolls beautifully in a gentle arc on a leverage drilling, hook rating is quite high

The Ns2, Once again leverage drilling, it's an early rolling ball, I polished mine up to get it down the lane further and found it to be quite controllable, needs oil other wise it's all over

The Ap2, Best ball I found so far. Beautiful arc on all conditions, drilled mine to go long and the go to ball if nothing else gets down the lane.

The Masterpiece, Drilled it leverage, only to find it goes under over alot on normal house shot, not controllable for me, tossed it

The World Class, Drilled it leverage, not a bad ball, definitely a skid flip ball for me and moved quite a few boards late, and gave me a bad angle into the pocket at times. I could only bowl it in the fresh because once it hit the dry boards it started to flip, tossed it

The Hornet, Drilled it leverage, It's a dry lane ball, had to slow down to get this ball to roll, sometimes over under, just couldn't get the right condition to use it on, tossed it

The Straight Flush, Drilled it leverage, Once again a dry lane ball, rolls in a continuous arc, turns more than the hornet and it's only got a pancake for a core, not bad.

The Worlds Class reactive, Same drilling as above, Found it very over under straight out of the box. Sanded it back and gave it a matt finish on to find no difference. Tossed it

The Absolute power, Same drilling, and again over under for me. Not confident in throwing it, tossed it

The New Standard, A great Ball goes longer than the NS2 and has the same hook angle just further down the lane. Polished it up and found it went a bit over under, so recommend leaving box finish on this one, not a bad ball.

I have the Big Bang, have it drilled with the pin under the fingers and the cg kicked out at 30 degrees. A balance hole brings this ball back into legal specs. Use this ball on sports shots and heavy house patterns. In box condition not a ball for floods, but it takes well to surface alterations. This ball is as advertised, it goes longer than most "oilers" but does give you a nice pop on the backend. It seems to carry more light hits than anything else in my bag.

opinions are just that "opinions" just buy 1 and make your own opinion. i believe you will enjoy the gear.

Thanks for your opinions

Hay again, Thanks to everyone for your opinions on legend bowling balls
I simply wrote this thread to see what different people thought of them
currently i am using the BIG BANG and am not all that fussed on it but thats just my opinion and as frosty has said opinions are just that opinions so once again thanks to everyone who replied;)

I have 4 lanemasters/legends bowling balls.

Satisfaxion drilled 5 1/2 x 5. Needs at least medium oil with clean backends. Ball tends to squirt on carrydown. Very angular ball and occaisionally uncontrollable but hits very well with less angle. Can leave a lot of corners with the skid/flip reaction.

World Class particle drilled 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 This is my favorite L/LM ball. Has an 800 grit finish but easy length and a continuous arc through the break point. My drilling is great for almost any condition apart from toast and flood. Recovers well and hits great.

World Class reactive drilled 4 x 4 1/2. Rolls well but sometimes can get a little squirty on the heavier conditions. Has an excellent continuous arc and plays great from an inside line. Have left my fair share of back row with this thing but the reaction is great for medium and above.

Straight flush drilled 4 x 4 1/2. Far too squirty on anything medium or more but handles toast nicely. This ball gives me more backend than i thought it would. Stays in the bag mostly, comes out only at the very end.

I would recommend anyone give L/LM balls a crack, especially the World Class Particle which reads conditions excellently. They have a great hit, sometimes can be a little strong through the rack though...and the coverstocks are very durable but versatile.

ive got mixed opinions on them, i bowl an ap2, and i love it. fantastic ball, know exactly what its going to do and nice early arc, always gets me some high scores!

however my sister has a black pearl, which was great when she bought it, but seems to have died a lot after around 6 months, she cares for it exactly as recomended by the manufacturer but nothing will make it turn like it did new.
which is quite frustrating for a ball that cost over 300 bananas!

just buy 1 and make your own opinion.

frosty, thats fine if you have a big budget, but unlike most i dont. putting questions like this on here is a great way of finding peoples opinions on a ball/brand before spending hard earned cash on it, instead of just buying one.

anyone else have opinions on this thread ?

i had mine resurfaced recently (ap2) and i have bowled like crap with it since, i dont know why. its just not 'readable' like it used to be, and doesnt always do the same thing.. frustrating ?

sometimes its not good to resurface your ball.. if it was working before you resurfaced it why change it

yeah i wish i didnt, the only reason i got it done was becuase it covered in many scratches, some pretty deep.

i own a legend yeah baby and i love it. i have also rolled my highest game with it which was a 290 game. im currently looking at buying a terminator

anyone else have opinions on this thread ?
i had mine resurfaced recently (ap2) and i have bowled like crap with it since, i dont know why. its just not 'readable' like it used to be, and doesnt always do the same thing.. frustrating ?

L/LM gear is probably the hardest brand I have ever had to resurface. In my opinion, people looking at this brand should buy a ball without the intention of changing its cover with anything other than the resurfacing pads & polish which come with your gear. Wet & dry sand paper only scratches the surfaces, instead of actually resurfacing (In my experiences anyways) due to its extremely hard particles. (especially the diamond particle cover-stocks. Diamond IS the hardest material found on earth)

My AP2 is great. Drilled label with 1/2 ounce side weight, i find it very controllable & predictable. Prefferably a ball for medium conditions as I find it isn't aggressive enough to come back whilst transitioning off heavy oil into the back end. Mind you, mine is polished. Dulling the surface would perhaps make it a better oiller, but I don't want to lose its current characteristics.
On a side note, I'm the third owner of the ball, & it hits like it was brand new.

I think L/LM is a brand that will suit some bowlers better than others, just as any brand will suit people better than others. Though I think the results speak for them selves.

Back
Top Bottom