what do bowlers expect from a sponsorship??

bm2

I'm still standin'
I was thinking (from a business point of view) of the pros and cons of individual sponsorship.....we all know of bowlers who are sponsored, but most of us have no idea exactly what that sponsorship entails. It could be new equipment on a regular basis, paid entry into majors, right up to the green folding stuff for some of the more prominent bowlers.

so now I am curious - as a bowler, if you had the chance to be sponsored, what incentives would you prefer to receive?????

Broni

Free equipment; paid entry fees, travel, accomodation for all international and national tournaments.
Obviously, as a bowler getting sponsorship, it is our responsibility to produce results.

I was thinking (from a business point of view) of the pros and cons of individual sponsorship.....we all know of bowlers who are sponsored, but most of us have no idea exactly what that sponsorship entails. It could be new equipment on a regular basis, paid entry into majors, right up to the green folding stuff for some of the more prominent bowlers.
so now I am curious - as a bowler, if you had the chance to be sponsored, what incentives would you prefer to receive?????
Broni
Just free travel, accommodation and entry fees thanks Broni (you can tax deduct them as your business cost ;) . Looking good eh?

See you tomorrow with the details :cool:

Cheers

i think you should maybe expect as a bowler

paid entries to tourneys for a certain sponsership $

then maybe paid enrties and enough money for travel for a little more $

but for this money you have to expect to advertise for the company

i was just about ready to draw up a proposal for a small sum of sponsership for tourneys from the company i work for as they are very large
but lol now they know i am looking for new work and arent real happy with me
lol

daniel d

Ok my requirements for any companies looking to sponsor me

1 the best gear available
2 uniforms that are cleaned and maintened
3 entry to any event that I participate in
4 travel to any such event
5 accomodation at any such event
6 to provide me with the Skills required to be at this level ;)

:cool:

Perhaps the question should be not what the bowler expects from the sponsor, but what the sponsor expects from the bowler?

ok, so lets hear from both sides.

I know that if (hypothetically speaking) our business was to sponsor a bowler, there are just a few things that we would expect -
- complete sportsmanship at all times, both on and off the lanes -
- dedication to their craft, not someone just along for a free ride -
- support for the sponsor by way of wearing donated shirts, and DEFINATELY no badmouthing or bagging said sponsor (would be a very quick way to lose any sponsorship!;) ).

You will notice that I said nothing about results - whilst it's nice to win, we all know in the real world that not everyone can. Our bowlers would have a never say die attitude, and so long as each and every event was contested with the bowlers all, then we would be satisfied.

In my opinion, the bowlers who may never be champions but who get in and have a go regardless, are just as, if not more, deserving of getting a helping hand than those who win every time they enter an event. Pity I didn't win the $20mil last night, could've helped lots of folk who fall into that category!!!:)

It'd be nice to hear from some of the bigger sponsors, to see what they expect from the bowlers in their stables.........

Ok my requirements for any companies looking to sponsor me
1 the best gear available
2 uniforms that are cleaned and maintened
3 entry to any event that I participate in
4 travel to any such event
5 accomodation at any such event
6 to provide me with the Skills required to be at this level ;)
:cool:

thats a lot of money for someone to fork out
and what would they get in return
and i dont care how good anyone is
i would not pay for uniforms to be cleaned and maintained
people that really would suggest these things i think would be superficial
i dont think a sponser that is looking for someone like that
they would want people with integrety and willingness to help there sponser as much as they can
without sacrificing your level at the sport

daniel d

they would want people with integrety and willingness to help there sponser as much as they can
daniel d
thats why the question should be "what do sponosors expect from bowlers". It just sounds greedy to EXPECT all those things.

Hey Broni,

I think your on the right track. The question is what do you want out of the sponsorship that is offered. Is it advertising for the company, to get a name out there, or simply to assist a bowler reach their potential.

I think it depends on what you want as to who you would be likely to sponsor. I believe if you have a bowling product to advertise then you go for a more established name bowler who can then give credibility to the product.

If the sponsorship is nothing to do with a bowling product then it is entirely up to the sponsor to decide what they want regarding, advertising, promotion, market segment (no point in a QLD company sponsoringa WA bowler to promote their company)

So depending on what you would like depends on the sort of person you go for. I believe as long as the person you get appreciates your efforts and realises they are in a priveliged position, then you have the right person.

daniel d

Settle down guys, it was a joke, see the smilies.
I've only started bowling socially 6 weeks ago and started a fun league 4 weeks ago, I think I'm a long away from being sponsored

Just free travel, accommodation and entry fees thanks Broni (you can tax deduct them as your business cost ;) . Looking good eh?
See you tomorrow with the details :cool:
Cheers
That all you want Reg?
What about your prescription Medication? That must cost you a fortune..:D

Back
Top Bottom