What are your other hobbies

xcesiv

Everyone on here is pretty keen on bowling, but what else is there you are just obsessed with

For me it is Modifying my car and renovating my house.

Whats yours.

Little bit of golf, volleyball, dog training.

Not much else except jumping on the PS3 every now and then.

Bigsy...

BTW, you should probably read thorugh the forums before starting a new thread. There may already be one on here very similar.

YouTube - Posting and you

Little bit of golf, volleyball, dog training.

Not much else except jumping on the PS3 every now and then.

Bigsy...

BTW, you should probably read thorugh the forums before starting a new thread. There may already be one on here very similar.

YouTube - Posting and you

Dog Training... now thats interesting.
I love my puppies but they need a bit of training...

1 of the 2 boys keeps weeing in our 3rd dogs food bowl. I guess its a power thing but have no idea how to stop it... havnt caught him doing it yet.

G'Day Warren,

Where to start, my wife would say being a pain in the Ar55.

But I love using my hands, high on that list are the cars.

Love the old RS Liberty I am restoring and the wife loves her now stupidly quick MY10 WRX. Though the neighbours hate how loud it is now. Again all work done in house.

I also love my bikes, all two strokes.

Love getting on the lathe and simply turning stuff up.

If it is out of the square we live in, I am into it.

Formula 1 is my favourite sports to watch.

The three kids are ok keep me busy and love my black cat. Something to do with being born on Friday the 13th I am sure.

Music, love the Ukulele and 3 string guitars. Just not enough time in the day to do it all.

So I don’t add sleep as a priority as it gets in the way of the stuff I like to do.

The last thing I like is talking sh!t. People just don’t do enough of it. Nothing better than saying Hello to a perfect stranger. Or simply having a chat about nothing at all. I get paid to do that which is good.

And I love to cook. Nothing like good food.

Yep, that's my list.

I like to throw the odd 'Arra" or 3 at a little red circle but hit the wall more often then not... 4wd'ing is high on the list as is camping. But the thing I'm really good at is talking crap... I'd do more of that on here but I talk faster than I type so I guess you're all safe from that...

Actually, bowling is the hobby I do the least!

I love my computers, have been at it since I can remember.

As for sports/hobbys.. I play soccer, have been since i was 6.
Cars is something I love, however decided not to take my favorite hobby into a job and became a member of Software Development straight after I left school... (guess I turned my 2nd hobby into a job!).

Thats pretty much it... Any sport is a good sport, any hobby is a good hobby!! :)

G'Day Warren,

Where to start, my wife would say being a pain in the Ar55.

But I love using my hands, high on that list are the cars.

Love the old RS Liberty I am restoring and the wife loves her now stupidly quick MY10 WRX. Though the neighbours hate how loud it is now. Again all work done in house.

I also love my bikes, all two strokes.

Love getting on the lathe and simply turning stuff up.

If it is out of the square we live in, I am into it.

Formula 1 is my favourite sports to watch.

The three kids are ok keep me busy and love my black cat. Something to do with being born on Friday the 13th I am sure.

Music, love the Ukulele and 3 string guitars. Just not enough time in the day to do it all.

So I don’t add sleep as a priority as it gets in the way of the stuff I like to do.

The last thing I like is talking sh!t. People just don’t do enough of it. Nothing better than saying Hello to a perfect stranger. Or simply having a chat about nothing at all. I get paid to do that which is good.

And I love to cook. Nothing like good food.

Yep, that's my list.

Sounds like you live a busy, but enjoyable, life.

Cars are sooo much fun... very addictive and a massive money pit.

The lathe is interesting.. you dont hear about people using the lathe much anymore... They all have CNC Machines and everything computerised.

as for sleep... whats that...lol.. today i am feeling like a zombie.

keep having fun John.

Its a form of radio communications that allows you to talk to people all over the world on frequencies regulated by the Australian communication Authority and you need to have a licence to use. to get a licence you need to have a basic knowledge of electronic theory and the regulations for the use of Amateur radio. Unlike CB you are allowed to talk all over the world as stated above and on different High Frequency as well as UHF and VHF and higher bands depending on your licence status.
I hope this helps a little.
Cheers Lyndon

I have heard about UHF, VHF and using a CB,

do you broadcast stuff or just use it for communication and discussions

Its a form of radio communications that allows you to talk to people all over the world on frequencies regulated by the Australian communication Authority and you need to have a licence to use. to get a licence you need to have a basic knowledge of electronic theory and the regulations for the use of Amateur radio. Unlike CB you are allowed to talk all over the world as stated above and on different High Frequency as well as UHF and VHF and higher bands depending on your licence status.
I hope this helps a little.
Cheers Lyndon

Ahh yep, yep, they were really good back in the day pre-internet. :)
I used to have UHF and 27mhz (CB's) but the 27mhz pretty much was a haven for bogans, alcies and crims in this part of the world and it slowly died out to almost nothing by the late 90's as people went to UHF or chatting on the net.
Used to run sideband as well for awhile there, but that's pretty much gone now, mainly you'll get the odd old guy having a chat to his mate in the truck but not much else. Used to get some pretty good skip rolling in, can remember sitting in a mate's Kingswood up next to the North Hobart post office one day chatting with Honolulu Witchdoctor out in Honolulu.
UHF's needed the repeaters to be maintained to keep running here generally by volunteers and required financial donations a lot of the time, and the main one for greater Hobart (Repeater 1) was based up Molesworth way, run and monitored by a guy who's son used to post on TB.
Haven't been on it for about ten years but it suffered from the same type of misuse that 27mhz did and it kinda died off I heard.
Used to get some pretty entertaining bogan family arguments on the 27mhz and UHF's tho :D
There's still a lot of the old boys running Ham Radios around the suburbs I see, although not as many as the past.

Ham radio is a lot different to CB though as you have more frequencies and higher power to use depending on your licence conditions. I used to be on CB as I started back in about 1976 and worked all over OZ and 300+ countries before becoming an Amateur in 1993 with whats known as a Novice call VK3LSM then I upgraded to my Combined call of VK3KLM which is now classified as a Full licence by ACMA. For my novice call I had to do 5 words per minute send and receive in Morse code or CW as it is known in the ham world. There are repeaters on VHF and UHF right around the country that amateurs can use and for Tigers info I actually have worked Tassie repeaters from home as well as on simplex without the use of the repeater if conditions allow. Some ham systems have very large antennas to be able to communicate all around the world. The internet has stolen some of the gloss from amateur radio but their are a lot of programs that can be used with the internet and amateur radio. It just depends on what way you would like your hobby to go.

Cheers Lyndon

I used to have a list of where each repeater was in Tassie and the map locations but I chucked it out years ago.
VK7HGO was the fella that used to look after the main repeater in Hobart, I actually think he may have posted on here from time to time when his son still bowled.
From memory, if you donated to the repeater fund, you were given an SET callsign along with your number.
You're spot on about Ham being a lot different to the others, greatly powerful, I can remember my stepfather was working on Willis Island back around 1982 for the Bureau of Meterology, to be able to contact him we would go to this house up in Lenah Valley where the owner was a Ham operator.
I was never that into radios just more as a muckaround thing, do you remember the Ranger's that came out in the 90's? Sleek black case, lots of push buttons with an orange LCD screen.
You could transmit on UHF, CB and even intercept people chatting on cordless phones as well as monitor the cops, firies and ambos and other usage. That was an interesting piece of gear in its day!

I certainly do remember the Rangers and also various others that came in from the states that were modified to go from 26-30Mhz. I worked the so called free band above channel 40 on normal CB until I got the dreaded knock on the door from the District Radio Inspector and got a fine for running illegal cb equipment. He also put me on the road to getting my ham licence and I haven't looked back. I have worked Willis and Futuna Island on ham radio as well as a few other countries and I really like working from my mobile in the car. I used to have a 3.1M long antenna mounted on the bumper which worked extremely well.
I have also spoken to New Zealand from the car on the 50Mhz band which was great as it doesn't happen very often.

Cheers Lyndon :)

Macka69 said:
I certainly do remember the Rangers and also various others that came in from the states that were modified to go from 26-30Mhz.
Yeah they provided some great moments of standing around the truck of a night, drinking cans and intercepting people talking on cordless phones. Some of the convo's you used to hear were obscene! :D
I'd never use a cordless phone anyway, I'd be too busy thinking there'd be a truckload of young hooligans standing around drinking and eavesdropping and interrupting the conversation introducing one's self as "Graeme Fencepost from Telstra" anyway.

Macka69 said:
I worked the so called free band above channel 40 on normal CB until I got the dreaded knock on the door from the District Radio Inspector and got a fine for running illegal cb equipment.
Oh yes, I had a set like that, it was an American one (the brand name escapes me now - American Electronics? :confused:) and the guy I bought it off was a druggie from Gagebrook, he'd put an extra 30-odd channels above 40 on it when he owned it. It had about 77 channels.
I never had the problem of being busted by Spectran, but word used to get around pretty quick that they were on the hunt, I only knew of one person that got in trouble from Spectran in the time I was on, it was a woman in Lutana that was running some ridiculous tweeked Leeson compression-mike that became a sqealing echo-mike and had antennas all over the place and always pushing 10's to everywhere (10's full of squeal, echo, noise - horrid), but those Spectran guys were a common threat. :)

Back
Top Bottom