WARRNAMBOOL CUP

Little Macca - your entry

iann my entry is in and it has been in for some time because of last year when i made the final i am in C squld 8)

I think the cut will once again be around +50, should not to much higher than that, as it is most years.

The top few will will be well over +150, but then the field will stretch out.

Ian, in response to your question about why this touney fills up.

It is because of the great value for money, fun weekend, regardless of if you cash or not, and all the people who compete are good friends, which shows in the atmosphere in the bowl, all they way upto about 9:30 saturday night as "D" squad is about to comence its last block. In most cases we all go out for dinner after qualifing (except those people bowling "D" squad) and drinks after that.

Maybe more tournaments should look at the idea of an entry fee for qualifing and a second entry fee for matchplay, this would reduce the costs of most entries and enable more people to feel they can afford to bowl in more in tournaments. A lot people feel that $200+ for an entry fee is just to much, but warnambool cup entry fee is only $110, with a very good prize fund, that matches a lot of the larger entry fee tournaments around. The prize fund also kills all of the tornaments with this type of entr fee as well. (i.e. MTBOV who are stuggling to get numbers every month.)

Hope all goes well, and we can fill this tournament up, and we all have great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom