Walter DeVeer Final standings 2006

mannah

Congratulations to all those who made the teams and commiserations to those who did not.

Full results with total handicap scores including 30 bonus pins for a win are:

Ladies:
Cheryl Sturtzel 5116
Judy Lillie 5040
Katherine Elliott 4984
Hayley Mooney 4944
Lyn Hannam 4910
Lillian Gyss 4850
Cassie Etherton 4829
Jamie-Ann Kennedy 4828
Sue Graham 4823
Tracey Corcoran 4643
Karen Hulme 4627
Pam Turner 4582
Kerry Cock 4558
Elizabeth Hook 4546
Tonya Gower 4505

Men:
Ben Barlow 5150
David Wallman 5051
Daniel Brow 4982
Mark Cranwell 4936
Jim Reynolds 4927
Daryl Nichols 4921
Malcolm Merritt 4898
Darren Hannam 4948
Phil McPhee 4844
Robbie Lescai 4802
John DeWitt 4770
Malcolm Lillie 4749
Darryl Harris 4700
Neville Hannam 4698
Kevin Miles 4665

Top 7 bowlers from each will form Walter DeVeer Teams for 2006.

Management team will be Pam Turner, Sonia Ballestrin and Kerry Cock.

Congratulations to all.

Congrats to all who made the team, though i must say re-averaging averages and setting new handicaps EVERY DAY i thought was a bit of a strange move....(off the record, the way the rules changed, it almost encouraged bowlers to MANAGE AVERAGES!!!)
I know nobody in our state did it, i know most of the people that rolled off, and they're good, honest people, (besides, we're SA, we don't need to manage averages, we'll kick butt anyway!) but u should read some of the bitching going on in Tassie about the new re-averaging!! It's really quite funny....

Bring home some gold guys, we're due for it!

Cheers,
Michael Tran

:D Congrats Everyone Who Made DeVeer This Year :D

Were gonna have an awesome time when were away this year and its good to see some new faces in both the ladies and mens teams this year!! Congrats to those in your first year we are all great people and im sure you will have a great time also.

The scores were very close this year and it was a struggle to bowl your best!!

Comiserations to those who didnt make it especially Kerry we know you bowled your butt off and to Pam well you have a new challenge this year and we know your gonna be a Great Manager well done

Cant wait til we go away :p

Congrats to all who made the team this year , some new faces in both teams which is wonderful to see , but congrats to everyone!

kick some butt in hobart!

fantastic work to all those who made the team, i know you all worked hard, well done.

emmtee83 said:
Congrats to all who made the team, though i must say re-averaging averages and setting new handicaps EVERY DAY i thought was a bit of a strange move....(off the record, the way the rules changed, it almost encouraged bowlers to MANAGE AVERAGES!!!)
I know nobody in our state did it, i know most of the people that rolled off, and they're good, honest people, (besides, we're SA, we don't need to manage averages, we'll kick butt anyway!) but u should read some of the bitching going on in Tassie about the new re-averaging!! It's really quite funny....
Bring home some gold guys, we're due for it!
Cheers,
Michael Tran
in tassie we were told average would only change if better than entering ave. after two days were told even if you didnt bowl ave your handicapp became better than entering. we asked this before a ball was bowled but told by Tba representative this was not the case we have had advise to which these rules are a farce by allowing you notto bowl ave. and still benifit from eg.sandbagging while competing which we are told cant be proved so sand bag away and enjoy the sport.

Anyone who sandbags is not a true sportsperson and does not deserve to be on any Team be it League, State or National.

I agree the reaveraging after each day was very confusing and seemed to encourage a lower performance on the first day. However in WDV competition I would certainly prefer to bowl very well at the start of the tournament and get a lot of points on the board by competing against another team who are perhaps trying to ""average manage"" and possibly losing points they could have won - they are the ones who will have to play catchup on the last day.

However I agree it may be better to only reaverage if your entering average is lower than what you are actually bowling. After all you may only bowl 3 games on the first day (and bowl badly). I feel this is not enough games for an accurate average to be established.

in south aus you had it easy we bowled six games a day on two saturdays and sundays over the two weekends we never got any points only what we bowled plus handicapp so see how easy it was to sandbagg and still make it.thats why it sucked when rules changed.

We bowled 8 games Saturday, 8 games Sunday and 7 games Monday. On Sunday & Monday got 30 pins bonus for a win. Had to bowl to win, those bonus pins were really needed to get into the team.

Back
Top Bottom