WA Sports Series Event 3

ratty133

The Brow
Hi all

Attached is the entry form for the 3rd and final event on the WA Sports Series for 2007.

The field for this event is going to be limited to 45 so please if you are interested, put your name down via this thread or by calling Carol at AMF Craigie on 9307 6633.

Cheers

Matt Watson

Attachments

• WA Sports Series 3 - Entry Form.pdf
    393.1 KB · Views: 63
Squad List as of 19/8/2007

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Cat Sharland
Jess Barratt
Licia Sansbury

Chris Barratt
Jesus Herero
Steve King
Greg Ball
Michael Muir
Carol Gianotti
Bryant Cocker
Aaron Stack
Tom McLoughlin

Russ Mortimer

Juniors in Blue and Ladies in Pink

Matt

Ok Matt,put me down as well please,i managed to wrangle some more time off work,and i like the change of format,should make it a little more interesting

johnnyb

Hey Matt

Put my name down...... Ill let you know with plenty of notice if I cant bowl.

Really like the change of format each time...... Keeps it interesting.

Clint

Squad List as of 28/8/07

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Cat Sharland
Jess Barratt
Licia Sansbury

Chris Barratt
Jesus Herero
Steve King
Greg Ball
Michael Muir
Carol Gianotti
Bryant Cocker
Aaron Stack
Tom McLoughlin

Russ Mortimer
John Baker
Adrian Lee
Clinton Phelps
Peter Currie
Gary Fechner

21 names so far

Cheers

Thanks Mitch, Matt. Your names are down.

I have just spoken with the bowl and we have been allocated more lanes. I can now extend the field the 50 if required. Don't forget that we have 300 game prizes of $1000 for me the males and $500 for the females.

We will also have a Columbia 300 Rival being donated by OPS Bowling Supplies for a junior bowler to win, who bowls in this event.

There are also the high game awards of $50 each for High Junior, High Female, High Game and High Block.

Anyone who requires any more info, please dont hesitate to PM myself or contact Carol at AMF Craigie on 9307 6633. We will be happy to provide you with any information, except the oil pattern of course!

Cheers Everyone

Matt Watson

Clint mate, you were already down :)

only 24 bowlers at the moment and there is more money in this event than the last 2?

Im deciding if it is going to be worth running these events next year if we can get 41 bowlers at one event but only 24 for another with more up for grabs?

Please people, if you are interested in keeping this series alive, please help me out and if you havent put your name down already, please do so.

Matt

Hey Matt,
Count me in thanks.
I hope people are not staying away from this event because they were challenged in the last one. Isn't that what the sports events are all about - challenging yourselves on tough conditions to make you a better bowler??
Cheers
Jim

Thanks Jim

27 bowlers now.

I would hope for sponsors sake that we can reach at least 40 entrants. I am still securing title sponsors for next years series so i hope we can reach them by proving we can get numbers.

As for the pattern with the last event and "challenging" people. Jim hit it on the head, these patterns are designed to test you and your ability to adjust. The only thing that these tournaments can do for a bowler is make them better.

Although i can say that the pattern being used for the craigie event won't be as tough as cannington.

I hope we can reach our target of at least 30 bowlers for this event so we can make life a little easier in gaining sponsorship for future events.

Matt

List as of 11/9/07

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Cat Sharland
Jess Barratt
Licia Sansbury

Chris Barratt
Jesus Herero
Steve King
Greg Ball
Michael Muir
Carol Gianotti
Bryant Cocker
Aaron Stack
Tom McLoughlin

Russ Mortimer
John Baker
Adrian Lee
Clinton Phelps
Peter Currie
Gary Fechner
Mitch Edom
Matt Jones
Chris Atkinson
Travis Barnard
Chris Cummins
Jim Hind

Hi Matt Re condition

It might be nice to let the competitors Know a few weeks in advance so that they might be able to prepare equipment and or even practice for that particular condition.

KJ

Hi Keith

For this year, i am keeping the pattern as the key element of surprise for the event, however, next year's series, i will be putting out a calendar which will have formats, centres and patterns on it so everybody will know what they are bowling on at each event.

But for the remainder of this year, the only people to know the pattern are myself and the centre. But as i said, next years will be advertised in plenty of time.

In regards to the event, there is 2 weeks until this event and we still only have 27 entrants?

Can i please just remind everybody of what is up for grabs at this event:

Columbia 300 Rival - Will be given to a junior/female bowler who enters the event
$1000 - 1st Male 300 Game
$500 - 1st Female 300 Game
$50 - High Game
$50 - High Block
$50 - Highest Placed Junior
$50 - Highest Placed Female

Not to mention the $1755 in the prizefund.

There is more than $3500 in cash and prizes to be won at this event and we can only field 27 bowlers? I am just slightly confused as to why we can have 41 bowlers show up to bowl for $2700 and only 27 show interest to bowl for $3500?

I have had some women ask me about holding a separate womens division like they did in VIC. I am prepared to do that PROVIDED i get the support. No sponsors are going to want to donate money for 5 people to battle it out.

If there are any suggestions anyone may have to help me improve this series, please dont hesitate to make yourself heard. I am open to any suggestions and help that comes my way because at the end of the day, i am running these events to help bowling in WA grow.

Cheers

Matt Watson
WA Sports Series

HI MATT
The element of surprise sounds Ok Matt providing it is a surprise for ALL entrants. Any person with prior Knowledge of the condition (centre staff / promoter etc.) could be deemed to have an unfair advantage over the rest of the field (my opinion only)
Regards
KJ

Keith

I can certainly see where your coming from, but as i have access to the patterns, i need to know what the pattern is to be able to supply it to the centre's technicians.

But as i stated in the above post, EVERYONE will know what patterns they are bowling on and when for next years series.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom