What do core numbers mean to you..?

• What, like my phone has 4 cores..?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day Bowling Fans!

In a new video review, I take a look at The Look by 900 Global.

To give you a better understanding of the ball (and bowling balls in general), I discuss the core and cover combination for a minute or two up front, then take it to the lanes. Using different releases and surfaces, you get to see why this ball can be a useful addition to your arsenal.

Keep your eyes peeled for the quick notes on this ball's cover and core intermediate differential when discussing the ball. Then note the surface change, then release change later in the video. It makes a profound difference to the pin carry. All of this stuff adds up to make you a smarter bowler.

http://bowlersedge.com.au/2013/05/900-global-look-review-reaction/

Enjoy,
Jason

Yes, good demo and talk Jason, but I must confess, with my old-time way of delivering the ball, which I've been doing for so long that the 'muscle memory' doesn't seem to be able to be overridden, it makes me feel like calling it a day. If I miss by a board, I've missed the shot - miss by two, I may as well throw it in the gutter. You appeared to have had a 7 to 8 board target area at the arrows, and they all worked - ARGHHHHHH.

Seriously, seeing I can't change my delivery, is there any way to drill to suit the delivery so that at least there is some latitude on pin-point accuracy?

Jim

I bought one of these thanks to Jason's and James's advice, I was looking for a long and strong reaction with some control and this is what I got from this ball.
With my slow ball speed I wanted something to stay alive when the fronts started to burn up on synthetics and be able to move in and go around it, so far I have only got to use this on wood but looks good so far. Will update once I get to throw some more games.
My layout looks very similar to Jason's but I like the box finish.

Another good video Jason.

Ditched the jeans I notice. Nice ball reaction, was that the typical house pattern laid.

Yes, good demo and talk Jason, but I must confess, with my old-time way of delivering the ball, which I've been doing for so long that the 'muscle memory' doesn't seem to be able to be overridden, it makes me feel like calling it a day. If I miss by a board, I've missed the shot - miss by two, I may as well throw it in the gutter. You appeared to have had a 7 to 8 board target area at the arrows, and they all worked - ARGHHHHHH.

Seriously, seeing I can't change my delivery, is there any way to drill to suit the delivery so that at least there is some latitude on pin-point accuracy?

Jim
Hi Jim,

With regards to layouts, there's only so much the pro shop can do. I believe you're at Coffs, so James will be able to advise better than me from 600 k's away. I often say to customers ''you've got to meet me half way and touch the holes!'' :) Also be aware that the video was shot over a couple of hours, so I had not only moved a lot (especially after the surface change) but had opened that lane up pretty well. The wonders of video editing make the bad shots magically evaporate, like beer in a glass!

And John, yes those jeans were never meant for video. It was a video test run with great ball reaction! They are now reserved for gardening.

Some cheeky product placement too ;), looks like good pin carry too on a light and heavy pocket ball.

Back
Top Bottom