Ebonite V2 Dry

i have a V2dry drilled up label leverage(drilling number 1)....i am a cranker and get about 21 revs on the ball and bowl an average of 28km or 18mph......the V2 dry is a very good ball for me on dry conditions....now down here in australia dry means dry and at my home centre the condition is 30units to about 28 feet buffed to 34 feet on a 'top hat' layout. i found the ball very predictable and consistant on the dry but as soon as the ball finds a little bit of carry down oil on the lane it becomes 'squirty' and i little bit unpredictable.

hope it helps

matty k

hahaha sorry bout the 'now down here in australia'.....i posted the same reply on 'ballreviews' which is american so yeah thats why:)

cheers

matty k

Yep, I got a V2 Dry as well, same thing as Matt.

I would recommend that this ball be used on a fresh snappy condition, as it should tame the backend a little. However, I too have experienced the carrydown problem, where it tends to come up a little short.

I have one and i love it in the dry!!

I'm not a cranker but i do generate a fair amount of revs (16ish) with a medium ball speed.

I'm not savy with ball drilling but i had Scoops drill it to go long (pin above the fingers) with a controlled arc on the back end - but if it hits the oil, it just skids!! I've never really had a "straight down 5 board" shot, but now that i have this ball i do!! When the lanes start breaking up or a bit tricky, i can roll the V2 Dry down 5 board and it will go long and then it has a nice calm (but definite) move toward the pocket. . . and it hits nicely too!!

I would recomend this ball to anyone who wants a ball for dry lanes.

:D

Love the ball, great on the dry...

Kept me in the game all day at Morely bowl yesterday for Day 2 of our Rachuig Trials over here in the West.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom