USBC Open Tournament 2009

exPatBowler

Anyone know of any Aussie teams entered in next year's event? As its Vegas I thought it may add attraction for the long trip.

When I was there this year there was a German team bowling in a squad I watched, they were entered in the Classified division so the USBC must have an agreement with TBA for average verification. There was also a big group from Bermuda mentioned in an article on bowl.com that coordinated their USBC participation with a side trip to the Hoinke in Cincinnati.

I know i will be making the trip for this.

Also Frawls, Belmo, Adam Goldberg, Matty Watson so far

What dates are you bowling? My squads are June 8 and 9, but I'd consider making another quick trip to Vegas just to see such a powerful Aussie team compete.

I think riley has two different tournaments mixed up. Riley, Adam, myself, Chris Watson and i belive belmo and frawls are bowling in the USBC Masters. Not the open championships (Nationals).

I am looking to extend my stay in the US for another week or so so i can bowl a few squads in this. The atmosphere would be great. I have been told nothing but good things about the open championship.....

Matt,
The USBC Open Championships is a one shot tournament (no re-entries) with team, doubles, singles and all events. The closing date for entries is December 12, 2008 (http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/reservations_2009.aspx), but there are often teams looking for subs and there will be a sub board on the site in January. I would be at the Masters (as a spectator) but am going to be away that week. Good luck to the Aussie contingent at the Masters (which BTW could make a great team for the USBC Open), I'll be watching the results via the internet as I won't be anywhere that its broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom