Update to forum rules and conditions

Graham

Staff member
Sorry to keep bringing this up - but I have updated the "official" rules and conditions of the site. I have made bold the bits I have just changed. As it is a prereq of joining the forum that you agree with these rules and conditions - I thought it was important that everyone knows and understands what they have agreed to.

Here it is - enjoy the read :

AUSTRALIAN BOWLING FORUM RULES AND CONDITIONS

Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted.

We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.

We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. We do have the ability to ban users from posting and reserve the right to ban any member for any reason whatsoever.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

That's it - if you have any comments about this please let me know. In reality - these rules are just there as a backup when people dont want to play fairly. All I want is for people to be using the forum as they have been - things are going great !!

Graham

Thought you might find this interesting. On the PBA forum a member was fined $1000 and placed on probation, he is what he typed when he got the letter. I'm not sticking up for him but it goes to show that people should watch what they are posting, you never know who is reading it.

" I received a registered letter today from the PBA and Commissioner Ian Hamilton notifying me that I have been assessed a $1,000 fine for my conduct on this web site. In addition, I've been placed on 12 months probation. Of course I have appealed, but the appeal is to Ian Hamilton. I guess I have bowled my last PBA event. It was fun.
Is that my Legacy? The first member to be fined for what he said on an open forum on the internet? Now I truly have something in common with Mark Roth "

George - I think that last point you made about you never know who is reading is a very very accurate one. Your or other people sponsors (ie Track, Brunswick, Storm) may, and I am certain are, reading this forum.

So what people have to realise when they post that this forum is a part representative of our sport in Australia. That's why it is important we post positive things such as Juniors from Toowoomba raising money for charity etc etc. People like to read good news as well - it doesnt have to be so doom and gloom.

that is totally ridiculus ! unbelieve
that is a shame to the game ! in what fomr are the TBA affiated with this website and how is it physically possible to prove that ur culprit in george
this is a very dark day

Mundi -- Read the original post again!! George (Frilingos), an Australian who is bowling in the USA at present, is refering to action taken against one of its members by the PBA (i.e. the Professional Bowlers Association, an American organisation - http://www.pba.com) not the TBA (i.e. Tenpin Bowling Australia).

The guy George is talking about probably bowls for real money on the USA Circuit and has either chosen, or is required, to join the PBA in order to participate in the Tournaments run by the PBA. Therefore, he is subject to the PBA's "good behaviour" rules just as, say, Shane Warne is subject to the Australian Cricket Board rules. The Forum he posted on is not "this" Forum (i.e. the Australian Bowling Forum), it's a Forum somewhere in the USA.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mundi mud rat:
that is totally ridiculus ! unbelieve
that is a shame to the game ! in what fomr are the TBA affiated with this website and how is it physically possible to prove that ur culprit in george
this is a very dark day
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sorry Mundi .. in what form are the TBA affiliated with this website and how is it physically possible to prove that your culprit is George ?

Well - TBA have nothing to do with this website. And in regards to physically proving the culprit is George - I dont understand. I didnt say anything about George. I just agreed with him, and was making an example that George has to watch what he says as Track may be watching - as does everyone else. It was an example - not pointing him out as a "culprit". If it looked like that I apologise for that but that's not the point I was trying to make.

what I meant is that it's not a site sitting in someones backyard and only our mates can see it - it is accessible to the world and as I pointed out, Australian bowling (rightly or wrongly) may be judged by what is said here.

Sure - have fun - have a laugh - have a dig at one of your mates. But if all we do is bitch and whinge about people or things - then someone overseas will read this - then tell someone else, who in turn will tell someone else. It's a fact one bit of bad news - no matter how much good stuff you do - can ruin your reputation. If we are always negative which direction are we going to go ?

If you think that thinking and being positive means that this site is somehow aligned with TBA - I am sorry to hear that. We are here to support bowling and try and promote it in every possible way.

These rules and things have always been there - I just added one extra line which covers me should I need it. I hope not to ever need it again.

Does this mean no more blonde jokes?
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

no mate

really like ive said before its life as usual

I have always said im not into a heavily moderated forum - I just want the small minority of people who do the wrong thing to realise the implications of their stupid actions.

JOKES AWAY !!

Back
Top Bottom