Track Track Uprising - full review

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Ball: 3" pin, 3 1/2 starting top weight, box finish

Drilling: Pin placed 4" from PAP, MB approx 2" to the left of my thumb (strong position), balance hole 6" from centre of grip.

Ball description: TECHNOLOGY IS THE LUXURY OF TODAY. Up-Rising combines the largest single density core with a intermediate differential of 0.032 and an all new Jet Black Polished HP GEN 2 Reactive coverstock. Not only will you be getting one of the strongest engines in our sport today, but one of the most forgiving coverstocks ever seen.

Ful pics, video and details:

http://www.trackbowling.com/products/ball_uprising.php#video

I wanted a strong reactive ball for the rest of the tournament season, I have had success previously with a similar drilling, I didn't hold back in loading this one up either :D I bowled the ball on a THS (typical house shot) at Strike City, Lidcombe and was genuinely surprised with the backend movement of this ball. Its a factory polished reactive ball, finished off at 4000.

2nd game was a solid 280 (7 pin), the ball seemed to kick very hard from any part of the lane. The movement was strong and would be ideal for the bowler looking for a house condition ball. Because of the polished box finish the ball retains a lot more energy than most reactives.

I used it at the NSW open and because I was playing down 5 on a Brunswick Anvilane surface the movement was too strong (I used my resurgence instead to smooth out the reaction down the back)! I decided on the 2nd day to take the box finish down to 2000 abralon sanded. The result was an earlier read, 3 boards more hook and a less angular backend. I think this is a better overall match up for tournament bowlers who tend to prefer more of a predicable backend reaction these days.

Overall, the ball is one of the best Track balls I have thrown ever. Its very strong and very versatile. The surface will easily adjust to surface changes, the core keeps powering on. I expect to use this alot in the upcoming months, if your in Sydney shoot along to the demo day at Strike City and give this one a throw, you'll be amazed!

9.5/10 *****

Back
Top Bottom