Tournament Software

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
Hi all, I'm going to shake up the way championship-style tournaments happen. To do this I would like some community input, so I've got two sets of questions. This set is directed mainly at committee members and tournament secretaries, but all input is welcome.

1. What's everyone currently using to run championships, in terms of software? For example, SGT has been very popular...
2. What do you like about the program?
3. What do you hate about the program?
4. Would you use more than 1 computer at a championship in secretarial duties if you could? Can you with your current program?
5. Do we need a new way of doing things?
6. Does your format vary much from the norm? (Please elaborate if yes)
By "the norm" I refer to the familiar format where a championship
  • Has certain types of events, including (and limited to) Singles, Doubles, Teams (3,4,or 5), and All Events
  • Has one or more "Gender Divisions" (Male, Female, Mixed)
  • Has one or more "Age Divisions" (Junior, Adult, Senior, Youth, Disabled - yes I realise this isn't an age as such
  • Includes 1 or more side tournaments (Masters, Rest. Cup, Snr Cup)
  • Qualifies for those side tourneys with any squad entry

Thanks all, reply post or PM if you choose to answer is fine :)

Jeff

For my second set of questions, aimed at participants:

1. If offered the option of placing a confirmed entry online, with guarantee of squad availability (as in, if it says its available, it's available and you can lock in an entry right there and then for that squad), would you use this feature?
2. What irks you the most about the execution of championships? Please don't turn this question into a slinging match, if you want to remain anonymous send me a PM. I certainly won't take it personally if you want a go at anything I've been a part of, and I won't share it with anyone else
3. Would you use a tool that lets you look around the squads and view scores and positionings? Or is that scarey?
4. What are your general thoughts on having a history of your championship results available that spans your entire championship career so to speak? For example, I have acquired a great deal of historical data for the ACT, when I load that (which I am getting to), I could conceivably pull a report that shows entering averages, scores by time of day, by lane, by partner, by centre (and therefore lane surface?), by qualifying attempts... the list goes on.

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to add to it if you'd like...

Thanks!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom