Toon's Totalbowling Rant

Toon

OWN IT!
Firstly, not having a go at anyone in particular and I am very thankful for this site.
Secondly, I am talking about myself aswell in my little rant.

However, I have been quite disappointed with how this site has gone in the past few years. Nothing to do with the Administrators or King Jase himself but everyone involved.

The reasons:
Lack of proper bowling topics and discussions. It seems all that ever comes up in the Main Forum are international results and people whinging about how bowling is dying.

Geez, let's get some talk about coverstocks and what gear is coming out that's good, the PBA, who to watch out at the next major tournament. Who's on fire?

Ball review section
Jesus, what a disaster.
There's some brands that lots of people use that haven't been reviewed for months, some even years. Let's keep people informed and up to date with whats great at the moment. it takes 2 mins to write a review.

I have had a bit of a break from bowling and have just ordered a whole new Track arsenal and I will definately be posting reviews and a video for each ball. Except maybe the plastic. Maybe I will just for a laugh.

We have sponsered bowlers who get free gear or discounted gear from big brands. Let's see some reviews of the balls that are winning tournaments.

Elite Bowler Contribution

There are alot of great bowlers out there who have immense knowledge and experience. Let's see you share it and improve the knowledge base of all the upcoming bowlers.

The only bowler I think has done a really good job of this is the adonis George Frilingos.

State Sections

Seriously, this is poor. Let's get some bowling centres involved in updates on tournaments, upcoming leagues, promotions, state events etc.

Some place are doing this really well, but these sections should be flowing with new topics each day.

Bowler interviews

Mods/Jase, can we get this going again?
This was good while it lasted.

Lets get involved and get this forum flourishing again.

I am going to try and post regular reviews, advice in the tech section where I can to new bowlers and post more topics in the main forum to keep intelligent conversation about the sport we love going.

I hope more than just one person feels this way.

End of Rant

I'll tell you what... for the next 3 months, show the community what you have to offer, and we'll see what we can do.

I will admit, this site has taken a step backwards from the glory days, but with a young family, full time work, golf tournaments and trying to get myself "match fit" for my return at the Australian Masters, 24 hours in a day doesn't go far.

I look forward to see what we can get back going :)

Hi All,

I see this site as bowlers having a chat and sharing some stories. For in depth bowling questions I find myself searching Bowlingchat, or talking to some of the gurus locally like Mr Doust.

Not a bad thing.

Reactions: CT
You are right John, but we could make it so much more.
When I started bowling this forum was going off. It's all good. I would just like it to return to to how informative and busy it used to be.

I am simply encouraging others to post more threads, reviews and opinions and keep this forum going strong and of course, a shout out to all the centres to keep the community informed on upcoming events, promotions and league/tournament vacancies.

When our Acting Head Honcho is advertising golf gear as the footing of every post what does that say

Just saying

Hmmm... It takes hours over days to review a ball. First you really need to play with the thing on a couple of conditions, preferably on different surfaces. Then play with releases, angles, the surface. Follow that up with comparable pieces to give some perspective. Sit down, review your notes and write it up in a coherent fashion. This is without doing video work! Otherwise you can write "Goes long, turns hard, hits like a truck." Which they all do somewhere. ;-) Good luck whipping one up in a few minutes, but I'm always willing to learn!

Back
Top Bottom