The Run Down - Lismore Tenpin Cup

Mark L

Everyone had a blast at the Lismore Tenpin Cup bowled over this weekend. The lane condition was a 6:1 (close enough) oiling pattern which was a great challenge for our talented and skilled bowlers who travelled far and wide to bowl with us.

Saturdays qualifying was terrific The tournaments first 300 was bowled by Darryl Alford, following in his footsteps was one of Lismore Tenpin Bowl's up and coming juniors. William Sivewright bowled his first ever 300 game (has only been bowling for two years) on his 15th Birthday, in his first ever adult sacantioned tournament. Unfortunately, shortly after, Will had to pull out due to injury, but before his devestating decision to pull out Will was up in 10th position, mixing it up with the talented bowlers battling it out for the title of 'Lismore Tenpin Cup Winner'.

Throughout both days the bowlers had to put up with me on the microphone, waking them up and making them cheery throughout the day. they even had to but up with my lame joke 'Why does the 9 pin hate the 7 pin?? Because 7 ate (8) 9' (totally lame) But you just had to laugh at it.

Well done to our top 12 qualifiers from day 1, they got to rest up this morning, not needing to be at the bowl until 11am.... (what a sleep in) The rest of the field got to come back this morning at 8am (OMG I barely managed to pull myself out of bed). The 24 remaining bowlers gathered themselves together, woke themselves up and faught it out over 4 games to be 1 of 3 bowlers to move on with the top 12 into the matchplay finals.

Well done to our 3 bowlers that pulled out the big numbers to get themselves in the final. Warmed up and ready to go, the finals began - Big numbers, big scores - I was glued to the leaderboard. Never a dull moment, the positions where forever changing, it was anyones for the taking.

Congratulations Darrin Comrie on the Win. Well done to Dave Kirby coming an extreamly close 2nd and to Luke Rafton taking out 3rd. A big congratulations to Alicia Melton taking out 4th place and the highest women for the tournament.

Well done to all the bowlers who attended, it was wonderful having you all. We hope your time spent in our centre was enjoyable and fun. We appriciate everyone's support.

Thank you Everyone
Mark & Kristy Lawton

Back
Top Bottom