straightening the front foot

Loose Cannon

Bowlers always have time to spare.
An obvious question but I'm finding it hard to keep my front foot straight before the line. Upon release my front foot is pointing towards the ten pin. Im wary about keeping my hips & upper body straight and chest open as not to bowl across my body, I practice my approach with no ball and can slide straight but when I have my ball my front foot turns slightly. Any suggestions ?

I'm pretty sure my foot is not perfectly straight when I stop sliding. I reckon if I thought about it as much as you seem to something else would go amiss. Is it not being straight affecting the rest of your approach ? If so I'd say don't focus on it so much.

I'm pretty sure my foot is not perfectly straight when I stop sliding. I reckon if I thought about it as much as you seem to something else would go amiss. Is it not being straight affecting the rest of your approach ? If so I'd say don't focus on it so much.

That's about word perfect with what I was thinking.

It's not affecting my shot a great deal but when throw a bad one and because I'm conscious of everything else in my approach I focus on my feet and where they are positioned upon release. Like you said don't focus on it so much might be the answer.

I find if my foot turns alot its after the slide as im either moving too quick or lost balance at the foul line, slow down just a touch and see if you cant stick that landing when you release the ball. The role my left hand has in achieving this is vital in regards to balance at the foul line, if im lazy with this balance hand everything else goes out the window. Ensuring my knee is well bent makes a difference to all the other things already mentioned.

Good Luck

The non bowling hand is far more important than people realise! I'm like you Roy, if I get lazy with that balance arm, I throw a bad shot & am often nowhere near balanced at the foul line when releasing the ball.

I have learned in playing bowling that our balanced and our strength is very important. That's why we have to take care of our body in order to give our best shot in tournament. :)

Back
Top Bottom