Storm Storm Virtual Energy

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
After the hit success of the Virtual Gravity this VE is easily one of the most anticipated releases for the year. I received mine on Thursday and subsequently have been super impressed with its performance to date. Please find review below

Ball Spec: PIN 3”
Cover: Box finish
Drilling: PIN under ring finger, MB approx 3” from thumb, balance hole 63/64 2” deep (back to 1/8 side)

Condition tested on: modified chameleon (40ft, 3:1 ratio)
Lane surface: Anvilane PRO

The first thing I noticed about this ball is its ability to get down the lane, compared to my box finish VG it got down the lane at least 6 ft longer, it never look liked picking up the midlane. The turn and finish to this ball was impressive. The backend to this ball was noticeably more than the VG however not in a flippy sort of way, more like a strong arcing motion. It was like using a VG without the midlane pick up. I can see a lot of power players loving this ball, especially the ones who had to polish their VG get down the lane. The VE is like no other ball in the range, most pearl balls want to flip once they hit friction but the VE never did.

I bowled a game with my VG and shot a 238 playing down 5, I had a little bit of hold inside but nothing out. I swapped to the VE and found I could stand on exactly the same board as the VG and hit flush. My targeting was the same, the difference was the VE went 6ft longer and turned that fraction harder. I did notice that because the ball didn’t pick up the midlane I could in fact miss a little left now which I never had with the VG. The VE opened up the lane for me and gave me more room than the VG in exactly the same place. The VG because of the mid lane pick up started to run out of energy when I missed left but the VE didn’t hence my ability to bring the ball back from outside.

As a result, my first game out of the box was a 228 followed up with a 258. An amazing ball and one that is sure to be hit with all league and tournament bowlers alike. A VG without the midlane pick up and a little more pop down the back, a guaranteed hit!

Nice work Storm, look forward to many tournament wins with this ball.

George Frilingos

I can concur totally with what George is saying.

I have recently moved to Storm after bowling with Hammer for the last 30 years and as far as the Virtual Energy goes all I can say is WOW!!!!

The first ball I had drilled was a Hy-Road as it was getting a lot of press and rightly so as it is a great ball. But then I got a Virtual Energy drilled and now I can't stop grinning like an idiot everytime I throw it.

I should qualify this with the fact that I went down a pound in ball weight, changed the pitches on my thumb and fingers and changed my span.

But this ball gives me good length, a very strong move to the pocket and carry that for me is simply unprecedented.

I don't really have the words to describe how good this ball is so I'll just say GET ONE!!!

Ball Spec: PIN 3.5”
Cover: Box finish
Drilling: PIN under ring finger, not sure about the other technical stuff

Cheers

Steve Hunt

They should be, the ball is currently in stock by both distributors. Tell your local proshop to call their local Storm rep and order you one, you won't be disappointed.

I got one drilled up last night, didn't get a chance to throw it though, will be doing that today some time... After reading this.. I cant wait!!! :D

I've never had a ball that had such length that could turn the corner like this ball does. Very long and very angular, but just destroys the pins. Very happy with this purchase.

straight kut, let me know how it goes, i will hopefully be getting one in the very near future. :)

Went in this morning (loving my holidays lol) lanes were dry.. but very impressed with what it was doing.. it just powered back in, drove through the pins very very nicely.. will be bowling league possibly tonight.. tomorrow night at the latest so will see how it goes on the fresh oil.. :D

i had mine drilled up last night too, and have to agree with everything said on here about the ball! nice length and a strong arc back to the pocket. cant wait for leauge on Thursday night now!!! Like Shadows Fall said "Just Get One!!"

Had mine drilled and bowled 2 games on a heavy pattern and yeah, it goes a little long.

Tried it at another centre with a standard league pattern and bowled a 300 first game, shame it was only practice :(

Nice ball, although I may need to take some shine off the cover, maybe 2000 abralon??

I had mine drilled last nite and had a couple of games. Great ball once i get behind the ball and "woofted" it through. A great ball to complete my arsenal (mine you according to a friend i have a consistant style). At this present time i have The Virtual Energy, Second Dimension, Twisted Fury and a LTD international Zone ball.

all balls are OOB

Wow what a ball, very smooth down the lane, avoids early roll and a massive, sometimes to massive, hook at the end.

I am leaving a lot of single pins. If it's a 10 pin I'll adjust, then leave an 8 or nine. I'm thinking it is due to the extreme angle of entry. I'll have to either change the angle or take a couple of revs off it.

Very nice ball though. It will always be the first out of the bag.

Mine coming soon thanks to Ice :p first new ball since 2003:wtf1:

May be thats why my avg 187?

Old balls:p

Back
Top Bottom