Storm Bowling - Understanding Ball layouts

Good stuff there Toon! An excellent introduction into laying out a ball and what your pro shop guy is doing drawing all those lines on it!

It would be nice to know why league bowlers go with that layout versus the layout that the pros use and what are the advantages to each one...

It would be nice to know why league bowlers go with that layout versus the layout that the pros use and what are the advantages to each one...
The second layout is for players with stronger roll. It revs up later and is more continuous downlane. For example, the 4x4x2 layout he talks about, I refer to as the "Hook and die" layout... for me, that is. If I'm drilling for someone in a with a low rev release, then this layout is great... for them. It's all about the player in front of you and getting them the best result.

This is why you go to a good pro shop. They understand this stuff. They'll charge you a bit more, but you'll get better value in terms of fit and reaction. Never underestimate the value of great fit, btw. It's a long way ahead of layout, in terms of importance to your game. And remember that selecting the correct ball is more important than layout. Again, this is where a pro shop comes in.

p.s. Steve's got three Storm Rancids on the one bench there. My throat is getting ticklish just looking at that. I'm amazed he can breathe! Blech!

Back
Top Bottom