Sport & PBA oil patterns

Dwayne Lawrence

Is there anywhere in Sydney I can bowl on (practice or tournament) sport or pba oil patterns?
Already bowling NSW sports series & loving the challenge . I am a shift worker so comitting to a league is difficult .
Thanks.

Blacktown used to run sports patterns on Friday evenings from memory. No sure if they still do this but apart from Sports Series I don't know of any centres that randomly lay harder patterns.

I wonder, if a centre laid down PBA patterns (although I believe it isn't easy to access these) for a particular league, would it attract more bowlers to join the league and try it out? The Thursday night scratch singles league at Lidcombe plays on four different WTBA patterns (one short, two medium, one long) and these are sometimes laid on a Sunday morning although this would need to be organised with the bowl beforehand.

Elite Singles at Logan City Lanes (SEQ) run WTBA patterns in the league (4 per year). Next year we are intending to run the three new PBA patterns, Bear, Wolf, Badger; as well as a Modified THS.

I Bowled at Bowlarama at wetherill park on a friday before the skins, that was good. Chris looked after me really well. just trying to get more experience on challenging patterns.

PBA patterns are subject to copyright and only centres that are registered as "PBA Experience" centres are able to access the necessary data to program their lane machines.

PBA patterns are subject to copyright and only centres that are registered as "PBA Experience" centres are able to access the necessary data to program their lane machines.

Not true Brenton

Any PBA Member has access to the PBA Lane pattern information for both Brunswick and Kegel Machinery. If you intend to run a league with the patterns then you would need to register with the PBA, but if it is a one off practice or tournament its not an issue as far as im aware. I have all of the pattern data on my computer.

Not true Brenton

Any PBA Member has access to the PBA Lane pattern information for both Brunswick and Kegel Machinery. If you intend to run a league with the patterns then you would need to register with the PBA, but if it is a one off practice or tournament its not an issue as far as im aware. I have all of the pattern data on my computer.

I was answering to the post about a centre intending to run PBA patterns in a league next year.

The World Cup event in January at Cabbo uses PBA patterns for each group match, last year it was shark, wtba atlanta and cheetah I think

Not true Brenton

Hey mate.

Just to clarify. If I was a PBA member, which all you guys who bowled WSOB are, then you have access to all the PBA patterns for use at any time in your local centre?

So if say you wanted to run a PBA conditioned league for example, any member can obtain the data, give to the tech and get it put down?

You have access to the patterns for "personal" use i believe is what it says on the site. I actually asked the question over there about using them fo tournaments, and thats not an issue, but leagues is a different story. You need to register for a PBA league, and pay a fee. This sanctions it and some other stuff as well.

But as far as your question goes, yes any member can obtain the pattern files.

Back
Top Bottom