Spinner here

-Jonathan-

gday people!
bumped into this forum by chance when i was told by my company that we will be having recreational bowling activity this coming week. I haven't been bowling competitively for 8 years now.
Bowled at national youth level when i was 14, and got bumped out of the squad when new national coach was chosen. Apparently it was the starting downfall for spinners as multiple youth spinners were subsequently dropped from the squad.

I have been itching to get back into bowling, but haven't been able to do so mainly because of the cost involved and my equipments being in my home country still.

I live in the south eastern suburbs, and i often visit the centre's in Chaddy and Glen Waverley. Suffice to say, i haven't really seen a good bowling alley with a pro shop around the corner.
Can't really blame me for the cost, the last time i bowled actively, i didn't had to pay a single cent :p $8 for a game around the block seemed costly enough to deter me this past few years

hey there do you happen to be singaporean? Anyway there are some pretty nice alleys like moorabbin that you may be interested to bowl at... You can get a ball down there if you need to... I stay in the city and yeah do bowl now and then... ( preparing for uni games).
Anyway you may be interested in a league or smth... I believe in most alleys here... If you are playing in a league there is a membership price of 5 - 5.50 for practice too. ^_^
But on the whole welcome back to bowling! Its certainly an enjoyable sport and its a little sad there isnt that much popularity compared to the past...

No sorry, ain't singaporean.

Yea, i need to look for a good alley, and probably a kit to start off with. I do have 4 balls drilled for spinning. I don't know if i've seen any spinners around here though

Back
Top Bottom