REJUVENATOR MACHINE

Mrs P

Beware the sleeping Tiger
[B]
An explanation is what I require from some in the know technicians:​
[/B]
After reading about this machine I am curious to know more.

What is it exactly? Does every Pro shop have one or only the selected few.

Except for hot water and detergent (taken from George Frilingos thread-Thank you George);

What is the best way to get oil out of the ball?

Thank you
Mrs P.

IceQueen, the Re-Juvenator or simply a Ball Spinner is the right term. It does just that, it Spins the Ball around so it can be progressively sanded in a uniform fashion. This can bring the ball back to a New surface or you can change the Ball to any style of surface you want, there are no boundary's. I personally have been using Ball Spinners since 1970, I doubt anyone in Australia has Re-Surfaced as many balls as I have.

As for the best treatment for Oil Extraction, first Re-Juvenate the Ball than put it in Ebonite's Hook Again treatment, never fails.

willey

Williey, i think ice queen may be refering to an oven that is specially designed to extract oil from a ball.

please correct me if i am wrong

Thank you Gentlemen.

I was reading about an oven but had absolurely no idea what it entailed...

Both of your suggestions have actually answered my question.

Icequeen (Mrs P)

Werribee Superbowl has a rejuvenator. It is a machine some what like a hot box rather than an oven, and the ball is placed inside. The machine rotates the ball to ensure that the oil is evenly extracted from all areas. The oil is collected on a pad. It can take a couple of hours depending on the required oil extraction.

We charge about $50 for 2 balls (it takes 2 at a time). More info can be given by Jason on (03) 9741 9777.

Edi

Thank you Edi...that was what I was looking for and reading about.

Has anyone in Brisbane got one? Please email me or just post on here....

Thank you
Mrs P.

IceQueen, be careful, there are some Ball Company's that recommend the ball not be heated, ever. I personally don't believe in heating a ball, I have seen good results without heat, cheaper as well.

willey

Ball companies recommend against _excessive_ heating. The rejuvenator only heats the ball to about 70 deg.C., using lamps. Exactly as the hot water treatment does, it makes the ball expand and forces excess resin out of the coverstock. Not oil.

Lots of good systems exist for renewing resin balls. Hot water and soap is cheapest, but basically go with whatever you are comfortable with. Good to see George has changed his mind about never ever soaking a ball in anything, too. :D

On soaking: I remember a post recently about someone soaking a newish ball and it turning white. That can happen, its just the resin removed changing the color of the surface layer (like how a sponge is a different color when its dry or wet). In my experience, it won't affect the ball - had a couple do that. As soon as the oil starts to suck into the ball, the original color will come back.

We have had the Rejuvenator for abouty 4 years now, and we have never damaged any gear with it. It really is amazing to see the difference. The ball looks brand new again after the session.

I am pretty sure that Patrik Birtig has one also.

Edi

I too use the oven method to extract oil from my bowling balls.The only time i had a problem was about 6 years ago with a Columbia Classic Rock it leached out a dark red liquid substance from the axis hole and fingers.Did not affect the balls performance though.Cheers Ralph.

Hi All.
For all WA bowlers I have one of these machines available if your interested.
Please contact me for details.
Regards.
:)

Technicians,

Thank you one and all...
For a simple question, the replies have been better than I thought...

I will be looking into the fors and againsts....

Have a nice day,
Mrs P. (Icequeen)

Back
Top Bottom