Hammer Raw Hammer - Pain

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
This ball is the second in the Raw Hammer range and has massive shoes to fill, following up from it's cousin the Doom.

Out of the box this ball has a 4000 abralon finish and has a matte/sheen finish, and has a purple and white swirl.

Enough about the cosmetics - how does it roll?

It loves oil and makes a nice hard arc towards the headpin, and then it gets those pins out of there.

It is not a big fan of dry lanes, but then that is not what it is designed for, but give it a bit of oil and watch this baby dance.

I don't bowl with a lot of hand, but this ball takes care of that for me and even on lanes that are tough carrying I still manage to throw some pretty impressive scouts (actually any scout is impressive for me :D )

Do yourself a favour and check this ball out!!

Cheers

Steve:D

What is a scout.
I have one of the pains. it awesome.
mine is set up 3 & 3/8 small balance hole as it had a lot of top wait to start with. this thing does a lot of work on its own but i also get a lot of revs on it as well. First game was on bone dry lanes and i went 179, but could tell the thing would hit like a mack truck. I bowled with it 2 days later in league and it went ok during the first couple of balls in practice but to dry for it. pulled it out after game 2 and never missed the pocket went 247 and 249 to finish.
I have bowled with the pain for about for about 4 months with it on a variety of conditions and it hits the pins so hard its scary. I have shot a lot of games and series with this ball and even shot my first 1000 series, shotting 267, 248, 279 & 268 for 1062. If i did a calculation of my games with this ball i am probably averaging over 225 with
It is a great ball on fresh oil but is just as good once there is carry down. I think it is a better ball than the doom but i don't a doom so can't compare just going what i can do with my mum's doom and what i have seen
Scotty

Hey Scott,

A scout is a pin that comes off the wall and back across the deck, often taking out any pins left standing. They can also be referred to as a messenger.

Glad the Pain is going well for you, I think the who Raw hammer range is absolutely brilliant (especially for the price)

Cheers

Steve:D

I have this ball. Beautiful. I can make it do almost anything in almost every condition. This ball is the main sqeeze in my kit. The one thing I can't get it to do is react well in heavy oil conditions. It slides for too long and breaks to late. The pain rolls very well in semi-heavy, medium and light oil conditions. It can be hard work on dry lanes; needs a cunning player. Strikes are beautiful to see with this ball. The pain coverstock holds onto the boards very well and just drives through the pins; I always spare the sleepers. You don't need too much speed or power to have a good game with the pain. I would buy this ball again if I had it over again.
KateB.

Back
Top Bottom