Qld Seniors Cup Teams

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Qld has selected a Team to represent the State in the Seniors cup event at the 2007 Nationals, however there is also an option for Qld to field an Invitational Team. (Similar to the Rachuig option)

Anyone who is interested in becoming a member of the Invitational Team is invited to contact TBAQ on 3876 5400 or email [email protected]

This applies equally to both NQ and SQ Seniors.
Team Members will need to arrange their own accommodation and travel to and from Altona. TBAQ will organise the uniform.

TBA advises that drug testing will not apply to Seniors participating in this event.

TBA advises that drug testing will not apply to Seniors participating in this event.

That’s the funniest thing i had read on this site for a while...I can understand why...you could imagine the different samples that would come back...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your turn will come, Jason !!!! You will then need the baggage allowance to carry medication instead of the extra bowling ball !!!!

By the way, no problems at all with equipment at Virgin and $49 each way from Gold Coast to Sydney was a great deal !!!!!!!

Flower

I thought NQ Seniors had been removed from Queensland and placed in a group with the Northern Territory called Northern Australia...
Can someone clarify what the real situation is please.
Den

I thought NQ Seniors had been removed from Queensland and placed in a group with the Northern Territory called Northern Australia...
Den

Don't know anything about that.
This is an up to the minute extract from the TBA Website.

2007 National Senior Teams Challenge
Participation in the 2007 National Seniors Teams Challenge will be limited to:
One team of four Males and one team of four Females representing the following areas of Australia: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia
Any other team(s) that TBA may from time to time wish to invite. Invites have been sent to Tenpin Bowling New Zealand and Tenpin Bowling Association of Queensland to send invitational teams to this event. Both TBNZ and TBAQ have accepted this invitation.

Den
I think this only applies to ATBSO National Seniors week. Someone might confirm this.

Cheers

Consider that confirmed. NQ & NT have been amalgamated for ATBSO only for the last couple of years, and it was only last year that the team was tagged NA rather than NT.

All Qld senior bowlers were invited to nominate for the TBA Seniors rolloff, which was run in conjunction with the Qld Seniors cup in January.....

OK We have a start for the Invitational Team.

Men
Jagga Morgan
Alan McKay

Women
Ann Kirby

2 more men and 3 more women are needed. We will take the first applications in date and time order and then close it.

Mr Shinnie
So what happens to the bowlers that have no access to this web site, and there are many in this category (the vast majority where I come from). Are they not to be given the opportunity to nominate for this team ? I would suggest that TBAQ should be notifying all the QLD associations that this opportunity exists and asking for expressions of interest.
Den

The original nomination forms for the Hammer tournament had information regarding nominations for the Seniors Team. These forms were widely distributed.

Regarding people in NQ not having access to a PC, TBAQ only sends out information electronically, they no longer do mail-outs.

With the utmost respect and no offence intended, anyone who is vaguely interested in competitive bowling needs to have access to a computer. This site, Total Bowling, is now widely recognised as a primary source of Tenpin Bowling information in Australia.

The original nomination forms for the Hammer tournament had information regarding nominations for the Seniors Team. These forms were widely distributed.
Regarding people in NQ not having access to a PC, TBAQ only sends out information electronically, they no longer do mail-outs.
With the utmost respect and no offence intended, anyone who is vaguely interested in competitive bowling needs to have access to a computer. This site, Total Bowling, is now widely recognised as a primary source of Tenpin Bowling information in Australia.
Well all I can say is if the above is an indication of your attitude to divulging information to the bowling community at large then it's no wonder the credibility of yourself and TBAQ is seriously in question...

Thank you for your kind words Den.
I did actually mention this Team at the NQ AGM last Saturday.
The NQ delegates were very helpful.
They ran through a list of possible people who might be interested.
I think the list stopped at two.

So how about you tell me the full process you would prefer, including how the nomination forms should be handled, including the venue for the eventual roll-off, and also how you would select the team from that roll-off.
And who would be the Tournament Director?

I cannot recall any serious discussion about a Seniors Invitational team at last weekends NQ AGM. I do remember a lot of discussion about the Rachuig invitational team. I may have missed the seniors info, but I doubt that.
It is my intention to write a formal letter to TBAQ that will outline my concerns.
I dont believe this forum in the right place for such communications.

Well all I can say is if the above is an indication of your attitude to divulging information to the bowling community at large then it's no wonder the credibility of yourself and TBAQ is seriously in question...

Den you may not consider this forum to be the place to discuss this, however you posted the above and I consider that both TBAQ and I have the right to have you respond publicly. Please tell us specifically where both myself and TBAQ lack credibility.

If there is something we can do better, tell us how. But dont just make sweeping statements unless you can can back them up with sensible alternatives to the existing processes.

Den,

To help you out, send a Private Message to username TBAQ with your concerns, they are an active member on this forum. Hope this helps, this will save 50 cents and they will have and electronic copy of all correspondence.

Back
Top Bottom