Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

YOUR ONE STOP PROSHOP
Staff member
This will probably have me de-listed, but I`ve finally had enough, and will
vent my spleen.

""""
As you have decided not to send scores to the me to post on the TBA site I have removed all of your sponsors from the site and put a message about the lack of scores
Ian Nicholls

Tenpin Bowling Australia Webmaster

[email protected]

Phone (03) 93788461

MOB 0402099882 """"

My wife and I are the Tournament Promoters for the Hammer Qld Seniors Classic, and we start the weekend at 6am on the Friday with our first Airport
pick-up and that continues for both of us and another great lady until 11pm
on the Friday night. It is 50km from Brisbane Airport to caboolture, so the mileage and time is considerable. I also have a business to run. I am the tournament Director and when the tournament starts, it is all hands on deck.
I do not have the finances or the resources to duplicate what Ian Nichols does, and nor do I wish to, He does an excellent job.
we finally get out of the Bowling Centre around 7pm on the Saturday night
and I think that it is only fair that we shoul allow ourselves the luxury of at least a light snack. We also have a house full of Bowlers for the weekend,
as we like to have some friends close by occasionally to do some catching up.
The second day is all go as the bowling must run to schedule as the bowlers are relying on us to get finished on time so we can start the return shuttle
service back and forward to the airport as plane schedules wont wait becauase a pissy little bowling tournament runs late. All this we do as our choice, and I would`t have it any other way, because I get the same treatment wherever I go interstate. It`s called C0-operation and communication, and anything I can do to help bowlers and this great sport of ours, I will gladly. However, I am fed up with being criticised by TBA and/or
it`s representatives for miniscule imagined infringements. Now, I paid my accreditation for the tournament way ahead of time and got said number
and it was duly displayed on website. There are several supposedly ranked tournaments displayed with no number, so I can only assume that they have not coughed up there $250.00 dollars yet. If that is the case, under the rules
they cannot be accredited this year, but I`ll bet you they are snuck in under the radar with their late payments, and still be ranked. I paid the $50.00
extra this year only to be given that amount of extra criticism, this seems to be the way. When Peter was webmaster he would assist us with how to go about things to make it easier for both parties, this now doesn`t happen. We are fortunate that we have agreat proprietor, and he allows us to use his
business computer system for the weekend, and me being ever so grateful for that, I try not to flog a willing horse by overstepping his generosity.
Carol and I do what we do because we want to, not because we have to,
the bowlers are our friends as well as competitors, and people should always help each other unconditionally, as you are too long dead. Oh, and by the way, they tell me I actually find time to bowl the 18 game tournament as well,
gee that`s a bonus.

Yours in Bowling
Lawrie ( Animal ) Hill

Ian,

thank you for your email
and thank you for re-instating the tournament details, sponsors and scores

yours in bowling
Lawrie ( Animal ) & Carol Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom