PBA All-In Showdown

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
The world's biggest pot game is happening tomorrow morning. All players put $5,000 in and the winner takes all in an eliminator format. The PBA will be covering this event live tomorrow morning 9.30 AEDST. It's USD$3.99 for a day pass, which is pretty cheap! Or of course, XtraFrame members can just watch it.

From the PBA...

Chris Barnes, Chris Warren, Joe Paluszek, Brian Himmler, Ronnie Russell, Bill O'Neill, Sean Rash and Tommy Jones are ALL-IN.

The All-In Showdown will pay the winner a jackpot of $45,000, including a $5,000 bonus from BowlersDeals.Com.

All three two-game elimination rounds will be webcast live on pba.com’s
Xtra Frame starting at 6:30 p.m. ET (3:30 p.m. PT) on Nov. 4.

Watch Friday for only $3.99 with the new Day Pass feature only on xtraframe.tv

Ill be watching the whole WSOB.

The coverage is worth the $20+. The Xtra frame team do a great production!

I'm a yearly member... best money spent as a bowler who likes watching bowling.

You can learn a great deal listening to the guys... Ball reps, coaches to the pros... Just watching the adjustments these guys make through the qualifying rounds, makes the price extremely reasonable.

Pity I have a 7.48 tee time tomorrow, otherwise I'd be watching it live... However, I will settle for when it is uploaded for "on demand"

Worth it for Jeff Mark's technical prowess and his guest commentators, usually the pros who missed the last cut, but room with someone still in the event. So many gems to be gleaned from their commentary (Chris Barnes is my personal favourite) and many of them are very funny. It's where I learned the term "Anvilhang" for a lane surface we're all familiar with or where Ryan Shafer described the odds of bouncing a pin out on a GS-X installation as "Zero... it's like throwing a bone into a cave." And when Richie (Dick) Allen is in the booth, anything can happen. And often does. :)

For about $8 a month, XtraFrame is dead cheap and the WSOB subscription Robbie mentioned is a no-brainer. If you want to become a smarter player, there simply is no better value way!

Anvilane...

Get too much oil outside, and it'll hang right out, and smash the 3-6 pocket solid

Thanks :) figured it was anvilane but wasn't sure what exactly the term referred to (or why it's the case that it behaves that way).

Cheers.

Yeah, Anvilhang is harder than HPL (or Hook Plenty Lane), so it is more susceptible to changes in humidity, affecting lane oiling and washing. Or just putting a sport pattern down for that matter. Put Middle Road down on Anvilane and it plays tough like a sport shot and quite slick. Put Middle Road down on HPL and it plays like house shots of old, before everywhere got walled up. I imagine Middle Road on wood would play very nicely indeed!

Back
Top Bottom