NSW State Champs Are On!

CSP

To All Bowlers Attending the NSW State Champs,

I'm letting all bowlers know who are scheduled to attend the NSW State Championships at Gosford Tenpin Bowl on the NSW Central Coast this long weekend and the following weekend. They are being held and there is no reports of cancellation due to the area being declared a disaster zone by the state government.

Some access roads to the bowl are open and if any bowlers are having trouble accessing the Central Coast area and would like to postpone their squads may do so by calling the bowl (02) 4328 3133.

Please do not rely on any other persons comments about the roads to the bowl or the area being closed due to flooding. The bowl is still very accessible and the 2007 NSW State Championships have been a successful event so far and will continue to do so.

Regards,
Christian Purdue

Sure are! Some of the NSW Seniors rocked up yesterday and we had a great time. Great lanes - good oil - and great cafe.
Plenty of rain on the way up to Gosford but no problems on the freeway, and 95% of the drivers were being sensible.
Definitely worth the drive in the rain, well done to the people who travelled much further than most of our group, Tamworth is a considerable distance from Gosford.
Josie Adams

i would like to thank Christian and all the staff at Gosford City Bowl for a great weekend, your hospitality was excellent and we all enjoyed bowling at your centre with many off us bowling PB scores. There were no major machine breakdowns, everything ran like clockwork and nothing was a hassle.

Our travel club from Tamworth experienced great difficulty in getting to Gosford on the friday with a drive of normally 4 hours taking 7 1/2 hours but we made it and had a fantastic weekend.

To Mary Bacon and Marilyn Schwenke, the only 2 State Committee members present the entire weekend, well done on keeping things going so smoothly. i can only wonder where the rest of the state committee were for what is the NSW Associations annual event. if we made it to Gosford from Tamworth with such troubles created by the weather then why couldn't the rest of the committee not make it and help these 2 ladies out.

once again thanks for a great weekend.

Graham Shoesmith
for Tamworth Travel Club

Thanks for your comments and have been noted and will be mentioned in our reports.
Regarding the comments about (penrith bowling alley) "I always thought that alleys were dark and dingy places and underground" and I'm not sure they are talking about Penrith Bowling Centre!

Mary Bacon

Bye the way it was also noted that the President of the GSTBA was also bowling at Gosford City Bowl on the weekend, in the TBA NSW State Championships, and phone calls from other attendee's also noted this fact.

Mary Bacon

I think the bravery award for the weekend goes to the guy who was bowling on lane 1 in the 2pm squad wearing an "integral Energy" shirt. Given that we had no power for 3 days, I was very tempted to ask him what he was doing there!!! :D :D :D

I think the bravery award for the weekend goes to the guy who was bowling on lane 1 in the 2pm squad wearing an "integral Energy" shirt. Given that we had no power for 3 days, I was very tempted to ask him what he was doing there!!! :D :D :D

LOL

I was on lane 1 in the 2pm squad

How coincidental! :cool:

It wasn't an Integral Energy shirt, it was 'Southern Storm' (team name).

I think you are referring to me... and as for asking what I was doing there... I just could NOT spare anything! :p

Lucky I bowled my singles in the previous squad!

This post is in response to the enquiries made to Mary Bacon in regard to my attending the TBA State Championships.
To all those attendees of the TBA NSW Championships who noted that I, Susanne Jack, President of GSTBA (Tenpin Sydney) was bowling at Gosford and for whatever reason those attendees feel that I should not have participated I would like to express the following.
As well as being President of Tenpin Sydney I am also a member of Tenpin Bowling Australia and the Australian Tenpin Bowling Seniors Organisation. and support tenpin bowling whether it is a local, state or national event.
Tenpin Sydney has a team of volunteers headed by Barbara Marcollini who do an excellent job of running our Championships and ECCC Team Roll Offs and is fully informed on what events I will be making an appearance at.:):)
As well as bowling at Gosford on Saturday, I bowled a Tenpin Sydney All Events at Penrith on Sunday as well as the Tenpin Sydney Open Ladies Masters Final on Monday and look forward to competing in the NSW TBA Ladies Open Masters next Sunday at Gosford.
As President of Tenpin Sydney my main objective is to promote and support the Association. As a bowler I promote and support the sport of tenpin bowling and endeavour to do both at every opportunity.
Further, I would like to thank all the wonderful people who I have met over the last few years for their friendship and support as well as all the volunteers, whether they be TBA, GSTBA, ATBSO etc who spend countless hours for little or no reward giving bowlers the opportunity to do what they enjoy – bowling.
Susanne Jack
Bowler
:) :) :)

Just a few comments from myself:

Regarding the Tenpin Sydney event, I think next year TBA's NSW State Championships and Tenpin Sydney's State Championships shouldn't fall on the same weekend. I for one, wanted to bowl at both, but it was difficult to decide if I should do both or not. These days, its difficult to find ranked events with restricted or graded events.

Gladly, I decided to stay in Gosford and bowled with fellow Metro Cup team-mates Tamika Spooner, Ray Chan and the almighty Dale Fitzgerald! ;) We bowled on Saturday for the Open Grade Mixed Teams, and we killed the 2006 record of 2346 pins. We bowled 2523 as a team. We bowled 800+ each game, which was great teamwork. In the final game, Dale bowled his first sanctioned 300 Game, which was fantastic to see. Shame Julie Hird's team beat our record on Sunday! Oh Well! :)

Also on Saturday, myself and Benjamin Adams bowled doubles for B Grade! We ended up hitting 1148 as a team, which was the record for 2007. Just 84 pins short of the state record. Maybe a few more strikes could have helped? :p

Mary Bacon and Marilyn Schwenke did a great job organising everything with the events this weekend, and Christian did well organising lanes, and even handing out printouts to those who wanted their scores! :D

Hopefully, 2008 will be a better year. This year, the weather may have affected the event alittle, but bowlers from Tamworth and Maitland did make a gutsy effort to make their way down to Gosford, so it was still a great event overall.

As you can see, I am bored! :p

See Ya!

Richard Palma

Is there any chance of seeing any scores from both events over the last weekend? Interested parties from QLD would like to see how things are progressing.

congratulations to gosford bowl for a great championship , lane condition was fantastic.mary and marylin great work best wishes

Back
Top Bottom