Next stage

sirdavenli

Hybrid to a Solid and now I'm looking for a pearl.

while my Reign Supreme served me well as my first reactive ball, i moved up to a Victory Road Solid.

Both are in the same catergory, i have the VRS drilled with a pin up above the ring finger hole, whereas the reign is about an inch to the right of the ring finger hole.

Now to throw in a pearl, drilled with a pin below the ring finger, get that break in before it hits the back-end so i can play on freshly oiled lanes, IE at the start of league play, would be a totally new experience.

As that is what I'm wanting to do, is it the Right way though??

Find it hard to play down Ten Board on fresh oil with the VRS, hence a more reactive configuration to play down ten is what i want.

After a couple of games, the VRS comes in superbly for the pocket at Ten board, loving that ball at the moment.

I Will not reach a goal of 600 if i throw only the VRS for three games, best so far with a 544. Highest was a 199 in that series.

Keep up the good work Daven.

Balls are just tools, like golf clubs. Sounds like you're as keen as mustard, so seek out a good coach and spend what you might on a new ball with them. Have a chat with your very best players up there for referrals. What you'll learn will out-last any ball and make every ball in the future a better, wiser decision.

Also, where the pin is in relation to your finger holes is an over simplification. It's all about your axis point and Pin / MB distances from it. Like gears in a car.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks, was really nice to hear from you. I am always learning, whether it's just watching the better/higher AVG bowlers in the league or controlling my 1-234 run up (i rush/speed up on the approach).

I have had a few coaching sessions, but i want to build up my confidence in myself to know i can control my wrist movements, my steps and keep a consistent line down the lane. Once I'm at a comfortable level i can increase my skills with further coaching. The only downside to this, i must say, is creating BAD habits.

I am persevering my new ball choice until i can bowl a 560 series in league. This will make me try hard to achieve that goal and when i do get it, i know i've done well to deserve a new ball. :)

Thanks Jason for the advice regarding the Pin, and i agree i was just simplifying that fact, I'm not sure of my PAP and speed and rev rate as we don't have that technology here on our wooden lane centre.

Back
Top Bottom