Next Event - Dates

perhaps Dillan should re-read my earlier post..

These tournaments have been successful because they have made the effort of not clashing with other tournaments and not making bowlers pick one or the other. If it need be a Saturday then go for it.

Craig.

Dillan and Tonx,

You have both said that these tournaments are set up by the bowler for the bowler, and i completely agree with that as it is plain truth. Now you can slap me when you see me for what I'm about to say but there have been a few bowlers throwing forward a few dates, why not set up a poll with those dates and let the bowlers decide as you have done in the past with the patterns being laid.

Just my thoughts.

John

Dillan and Tonx,
You have both said that these tournaments are set up by the bowler for the bowler, and i completely agree with that as it is plain truth. Now you can slap me when you see me for what I'm about to say but there have been a few bowlers throwing forward a few dates, why not set up a poll with those dates and let the bowlers decide as you have done in the past with the patterns being laid.
Just my thoughts.
John

Well Dillan might slap you... I'm just a bowler in the events these days, and just help with paperwork and contacting sponsors etc...

I'll suggest instead of slapping you, make you spend 20 minutes in a dark room with Tothy... I know what he is going to do for the first 90 seconds of that 20 minutes, after? it's anyones guess. We might throw Chester in there to spice things up :D

LOL

I have talked to the guys at Oz Ten Pin Epping and they are able to run the Event on Saturday the 23rd of August.

I will organise Entry Forms and hope to have them out in the next week or two.

Cheers
Dillan

I'll suggest instead of slapping you, make you spend 20 minutes in a dark room with Tothy... I know what he is going to do for the first 90 seconds of that 20 minutes, after? it's anyones guess
I'm good for 120 seconds Tonx
You of all people should know that;)

I have talked to the guys at Oz Ten Pin Epping and they are able to run the Event on Saturday the 23rd of August.
I will organise Entry Forms and hope to have them out in the next week or two.
Cheers
Dillan

Changing to a Saturday, will certainly count some people out. Me included.

I thought, as Tonx said, that this event was succesful because it listened to bowlers.

At the end of the day, there will always be bowlers that will miss out, myself included - i missed the last event due to another tourny, but there will be another. There can never be a perfect day to suit absolutely everyone. But at least he tries to accomodate majority.
Thanks Dill for what you've done so far, thanks to sponsors and all those that help to run these events.
"and who says i dont say thanks!" :)
Cheers

I vote to keep this event on a Saturday.
Dillan - I'll bring you a cake.
Does having "East Coast trials" really mean changing the event to a Saturday.
The event has been really successful in it's current format. Why change.
David

Just to let you know a large majority of the regular bowlers supporting the sports series events are involved in the East Coast rolloffs. By clashing with the practice on the Sunday you would be foregoing a lot of entries.

Dave,

Events clashing sucks. It's kind of my pet hate with this industry. No one overseas the entire operation to help tournament commitees set appropriate dates. Hopefully next year, the organisers set a full 12 months in advance, and hope noone else clashes with the VSS.

While you have been involved in alot of the previous tournaments, Unfortunately the majority of entries would have been lost if Dill clashed with East Coast roll offs. When the tournament calendar is as full as it is, it's going to be impossible to run with everyone happy.

If you can make this one at all, I strongly suggest doing so. Viper opens the field RIGHT UP, as there really isn't an angle on the lane you can't play as long as you can be accurate. IMO it is the fairest pattern for the widest number of bowlers. Given it's at Epping, you know everything is going to be perfect, or you get to kick Lukey in the nuts :D

I hope even given the fact the tournament this time is on a Saturday, that we still get numbers, especially from the East Coast roll-off's, as IMO it would be perfect preparation for the bowler!

Andrew Tonkin for B squad please dill... :D

Alan & Myself will be there also.
B Squad for us Dillian when your all ready to go.

Jenny & Alan ;)

Hi Dillan,

B squad for me. I hope to promote my University of Ballarat Research Tournament there also (if that's ok with you).

Dr. Chris

Back
Top Bottom