National Volunteer Week

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Each and every time a Bowling Event or League is held in Australia there are no less than 30 volunteers working behind the scenes to assist in providing the opportunity for members of the TBA to bowl in such events.

These volunteers come from all walks of life, experience, age and professional qualifications while all working in different roles for the benefit of bowling in Australia.

With this week (May 11–17, 2009) being National Volunteer Week we at Total Bowling would like to take the opportunity to recognise the efforts, time and dedication of these accredited officials, along with the thousands of committee members and other volunteers involved in the sport across the country.

“Without volunteers our sport simply wouldn’t be able to function properly and I’d like to take this opportunity in National Volunteer Week to thank each and every one of our volunteers for their contribution to the sport,”

“At any race meeting across the country the are up to 30 volunteers working behind the scenes with this number increasing to the vicinity of 75 (i am only guessing) when it comes to National Championships.

“It should also be recognised that the efforts of all volunteers not just this week but all throughout the year, so I suggest the next time you see someone volunteering their time to benefit the sport a simple word of thanks will go a long way.”

Australian volunteers are essential to society, and many charities would struggle to survive without the support of their volunteers. Australian volunteers contribute more than 700 million hours of community service to so many areas of society, including community health care, heritage and arts, environment conservation, emergency services, education, social justice and sports.

Thanks

Yes a big THANK YOU to all the volunteers that make the great sport of bowling what it is and without there time we would not have what we do today. This also goes for all sports as well as the community with people to give up there time and money to help make a difference this wonderful country called Australia would not be what it is today.

Thank you Thank you and Thank you again.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Back
Top Bottom