NAmes for strikes eg turkey, and so forth

Ebonite Jnr

Ebonite Bowler
i know this may sound really stupid, but what are the names for exach strike u get in bowling, liek 3 strikes a turkey, 4 strikes a hambone, what are they all called on a PBA tour? what are they called if you get 5,6,7,8,9,10 in a row? doesw anyone know?or has anyone on here made up there own?if you do reply please quote at the start weather they are made up by you or actual names used on the tourthey may even be no such thing but its worth a try

according to wikipedia

Two consecutive strikes are referred to as a "double." Three strikes bowled consecutively are known as a "turkey" or "triple." Any longer string of strikes is referred to by a number affixed to the word "bagger," as in "four-bagger" (four baggers are also known as "hambones") or "five-bagger" for four or five consecutive strikes. This terminology is used most often when a bowler is "off the strikes." (i.e. has previously bowled a string of several strikes but failed to strike on his most recent ball.) When a player is "on the strikes," a string is often referenced by affixing "in a row" to the number of strikes bowled consecutively. Six strikes in a row are sometimes referred to as a "six pack."[1][2] 6 strikes and 9 strikes in a row can also be referred to "Wild Turkeys" and "Golden Turkeys" respectively. Any string of strikes starting in the first frame or ending "off the sheet" (where all of a bowler's shots from a certain frame to the end of the game strike) are often referred to as the "front" or "back" strikes, respectively (e.g. the 'front nine' for strikes in frames 1-9, or the 'back six' for strikes in frames 7, 8, and 9 with a turkey in the tenth). A perfect game or 12 strikes in a row is also colloquially referred to as the "Thanksgiving Turkey."

gotta love wikipedia lolz...

never heard of the thanksgiving turkey lol... obviously being in australia it doesnt apply but i havent heard it ever before anywhere

Great post from wikipedia.

In the graphical scoring software used in centres strings of strikes are also labelled as follows:

4 in a row : Home Run

I like the "Hambone" that has been promoted and made popular by Randy Petersen. Would like to see this introduced to the graphics packages.

5 in a row : Olympic Rings

I personally would suggest Yatzee as an alternative as I was a big fan of this game growing up.

6 in a row : Six Pack

I like the Wild Turkey reference in the wikipedia post earlier or Double Turkey

7 in a row : Seven Bagger

Might I suggest a Turkey Hambone or some mixture for this.

8 in a row : Eight Bagger

I would suggest a Super Hambone or Double Hambone

9 in a row : Nine Bagger

I like the Golden Turkey reference in the wikipedia post earlier or Triple Turkey

10 in a row : 10 Bagger

May I suggest a Super Yatzee or Double Yatzee

11 in a row : 11 Bagger

Don't know what to call this any suggestions.

12 in a row : Perfect Game

Thanksgiving Turkey does not make much sense to Aus bowlers. Any other suggestions.

i been pondering and thought of some myself let me know what you guys think. which ones you reckon could stick hehe

1. Birdie

2. Eagle

3. Playboy or Hustler (X X X) Xrated hehe

4. Hambone

5. Cougar (5 Cougars thanks)

6. Wild Turkey

7. Gold Strike

8. Killer Python

9. Piranha

10. Kidney stone(same sort of discomfort lol)

11.Golden Gate (Coming to the finale)

12. B.L.E.V.E (BLOODY LOUD EXTREMELY VIOLENT EXPLOSION)

Cheers

Simon

Back
Top Bottom