Motiv Motiv - Raptor P7

CT

Drilled up Motiv's newest release (at the time) a few weeks ago. After seeing the reaction video and a few different layouts this ball looked like a winner right from the start. When not looping the whole lane, the carry looked fantastic.

My ball was drilled and laidout by Jason Doust from Bowlers Edge. It has the pin just above the ring finger giving it roughly 4 3/4 inch pin to PAP. With this being a rather strong layout it was suggested to lightly polish the ball before heading for the lanes.

First time out with it was at Bathurst Tenpin Bowl under disco lights. Even with a well used lane pattern i was able to get the ball easily down the lane, before the Raptor unleashed an aggressive but very continious motion to the pocket. Carry with this ball is nothing short of amazing. Following day I bowled on the Bathurst Pitstop pattern and once again was in awe of how well this ball carried.

A week later on and i was drilling another Raptor i was able to source. This one laid out at just over 5" pin to PAP with a high gloss finish. I also took the orginal ball i purchased back to 2000 surface.

All i can say is WOW! What a pair they make. Both balls are very continuious and strike a lot. The cover is very aggressive yet predicatble. On fresh lanes, I am able to use the polished Raptor to get straighter thorugh the front of the lanes and keep the over/under usually seen on the fresh to a minimum. Once the lanes begin to breakdown it's a 3 to 5 board move left and attack the same breakpoint with the 2000 surfaced Raptor. The only time that i have seen these balls suffer is once you are inside the 4th arrow, where a longer and more angular coverstock would serve you better.

If you are looking for a high end ball with loads of versatility then the Raptor might just be the ball for you. Think of it as a Storm Virtual Gravity Nano that is smoother and more continuous off the break point.

Here is a link to the ball reaction video.

The Raptor P7 by MOTIV Bowling - YouTube

CT

Back
Top Bottom